Old 09-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #165
Baker
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltexflanc View Post
Who said there was anything wrong with nannies? Personally, I think the safety issues are far more complex and far more life threatening in the air than they are on water, particularly pleasure boating in coastal and protected waters. I took some flying lessons back in the day, and flew frequently with friends. Even did a lot of gliding. I determined that I was not cut out for being a pilot, too much dyslexia and ADD; things that led to a variety of "learning experiences" on the water but would have been fatal in the air.

I have the utmost respect for pilots, not unlike guys who can hit major league pitching, another, for me (and I am glad to say the Michael Jordans of the world) impossible feat.
Sorry man. I misunderstood. Usually the term "nanny" as it relates to technology in the automobile safety is a derogatory term. In aviation, we will take all the nannies we can get....

As far as hitting a major league pitch....if you haven't seen it, search youtube for the "anatomy of hitting a major league pitch". They break it down into the .001 seconds since the thing travels from the pitchers hand to the plate in less than a second. I have no clue how they do it.
Meridian 411...T-Cummins 450C
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote