Freeport Spring Fling Registration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dammit man. Are you saying 53 boats or does that mean 53 people???? Anyway, I am out of the country and will not transmit money stuff over the internet out here. Will register when I get home!!! See ya there!

Edit....I see that it means 53 BOATS!!! *this is gonna be fun!!!

-- Edited by Baker on Thursday 24th of March 2011 11:18:05 AM

I checked the actual registration myself and see sixty two (62) boats registered now

Dammit....I will register first thing in the morning when I get in!!!

It is shaping up to being a big event with Bob Bitchen from Lats and Atts attending.*

Don't have the time to take my slow boat down there, but I may drive down. Info for us temporary landlubbers would be appreciated, like hotels nearby, etc.
smile.gif

From www.tmca.nu
Spring Fling Event Admission Wristbands
(Land Yachters and Crew Members must purchase*wristbands in advanced)

Land Yachters
Cherotel Brazosport Hotel & Conference Center, www.cherotel.com has a special room rate for $42.99 per night. Registration must be made by phone. Call the hotel at 979 297-1161 and mention TMCA Spring Fling. They have 50 rooms blocked out right now for this event.

Friday, May 13th
Gate opens at 4pm
Trade Show runs 4-9pm
Bands start at 4pm-11pm ("Hotline" and*Jerry Diaz & Hanna's Reef)
Dinner (advanced purchase required)*6:30pm -8:30pm
Bar opens at 4pm-11pm (Wine, Beer & Rum)
Gates closes @ 12 midnight*
Saturday, May 14th
Gate opens at 8am
Breakfast sold from 8-10am
Trade Show runs 9am-9pm
Boats on Display 9am-6pm
Seminars 9am-2pm
Soft Drinks, Snack items 11am-11pm
Lunch sold noon-3pm
Bar opens noon-midnight (Wine, Beer & Rum)
Bands start at noon-7pm (Southbound followed by Andy and the Dreamsicles)
Race Awards Ceremony 5:30pm
Dinner sold at 6pm-until sold out
Latitudes & Attitudes*Cruiser's Party at 7-10pm ("Dennis Davis")
Gate Closes at 1am
Sunday, May 15th
8-10am Breakfast & farewell send off to Boaters
(Times, Bands & Seminars subject to vary/change)

WoooHoooo!!! I am registered up!!!! They are up to 75 boats now in just two days!!! This is gonna be a great time!!!

From www.tmca.nu

Registration for Spring Fling 2011 Freeport Rendezvous is filling up and we would like to keep you up to date on event happenings. Registration is complete only after payment is received. We have 100 slips allocated at the City Marina and 25 slips allocated at Bridge Harbor Marina. When capacity is reached, a waiting list will start.

The city of Freeport just opened a new marina.* We have 100 slips reserved and the City Marina and 25 slips with shuttle service at Bridge Harbor Marina.*

Go to www.TMCA.nu and click on the Spring Fling logo for all of the information.*

John

Hey John, I know you may not know the answer to this question but how are they going to determine who goes where??? I will have to admit I will be seriously disappointed if I get assigned to Bridge Harbour. In fact, If I had know I was getting Bridge Harbour, I would not go. *I live my entire life on shuttle buses and the fact that I am looking so forward to this deal, a shuttle bus would really put a damper on it. The fact that I have a small boat with shallow draft also leaves me wide open for abuse. Anyway, if it is a first-come-first-serve deal then I should be fine as I was #75 to sign up. *I might give the ladies a call and put a bug in their ear. ANd if you can pull strings, it would be greatly appreciated.....
wink.gif

-- Edited by Baker on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 06:42:57 PM

Registered...coming by car...along with a good time we'll be looking for advise where to position BON DIA on the coast in '12 to begin our open water experience. Phil & Judy

John,

I asked the dock mater in your behalf, this is*his response:

John,
Should be no problem...your friend was early enough to sign up, so he will be at Freeport Cty Marina. Tell him you "pulled strings" (makes YOU look good!)
Josh

BON DIA wrote:
Registered...coming by car...along with a good time we'll be looking for advise where to position BON DIA on the coast in '12 to begin our open water experience. Phil & Judy
*Open water, like Gulf of Mexico or open water like Galveston Bay and the gulf coast?* Both are more open water than Lake Travis, but not nearly as clear.

John Allison

Pilgrim 40 Hull #18

(281) 802 - 4721

Baker wrote:
Hey John, I know you may not know the answer to this question but how are they going to determine who goes where???
*I was told on the phone that you would know if you were in Bridge Harbor by a notice on the website when signing up.* I too will be disappointed if I find that I am assigned to BH.
cry.gif

I think you guys are both safe.* The plan as I know it was to fill the 100 slips at the Freeport City Marina first and then begin to fill Bridge Harbor slips.* This is a true case of the early bird getting the worm (slip) I believe the registration is over 100, which would start putting people at Bridge Harbor.* It is going to be a great time.*

John

If you want the real skinny

SKIPPER<a></a>'S MEETING

May 7, 2011

10:00 AM to 12:00 PM

Location*- TBA

Spring*Fling'ers will receive important information regarding dockage, Coast Guard Security Zones, meals, entertainment, seminars and more pertaining to this big event.* Merchandise orders (shirts, Friday night meal wristbands*and weekend event wristbands) will be available for pickup so plan to attend!

Alfton wrote:BON DIA wrote:
*Open water, like Gulf of Mexico or open water like Galveston Bay and the gulf coast?* Both are more open water than Lake Travis, but not nearly as clear.

-----------------------------------------------

The latter...plan A, to do the loop in segments.* Will base out of the GAL area for 3-6 months making boat ready for crusing.* We need to have enclosures made prior to liftoff.

Lots of marinas to choose from in the Galveston Bay area

John

John I saw a boat looking a lot like yours in Marian Jack In Sarasota a couple of days ago, Pilgrim 40 I believe, was that you?
Steve W.

Steve,

I believe that is Hull #1 Charm.* I am west in Kemah Texas, on Galveston Bay.*

John

Well named, it is a charming boat. I had a tour of one near Annapolis a few years ago.
We are hoping to cruise over to Kemah early in November, We made the trip a few years ago in our Camano 31
we stayed at the boardwalk marina and ejoyed it there.
Steve W.

Alfton wrote:
John,

I asked the dock mater in your behalf, this is*his response:

John,
Should be no problem...your friend was early enough to sign up, so he will be at Freeport Cty Marina. Tell him you "pulled strings" (makes YOU look good!)
Josh
*Thanks for pulling the strings John!!!!! *See ya there!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom