At Nanaimo and Heading North

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pictures on the foreshortened trip.

5,6,7, 8 and 9 are at Montague Harbour.

First 3 are in Namaimo and you can see Ghost is no longer a ghost.

Last at Friday Harbor.

That's Chris next to last.

Attachments

• DSCF2308 copy.jpg
    DSCF2308 copy.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF2307 copy.jpg
    DSCF2307 copy.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF2303 copy.jpg
    DSCF2303 copy.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF2311 copy.jpg
    DSCF2311 copy.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF2317 copy.jpg
    DSCF2317 copy.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF2319 copy.jpg
    DSCF2319 copy.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF2314 copy.jpg
    DSCF2314 copy.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF2318 copy.jpg
    DSCF2318 copy.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF2320 copy.jpg
    DSCF2320 copy.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF2329 copy.jpg
    DSCF2329 copy.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Photo #4 would be an awesome bouldering site!

Nice pics Eric. You can expect a few issues to present on a trip after a break from cruising.

Murray,
Bouldering site ???

Thanks 78,
US customs agents didn't exactly welcome us home. That big woman w the big ass tattoo on her arm is an angry woman. Even raised her voice to other customs agents! They need to send that woman to Guam for a few years .. like 40.

Bruce,
Thanks.
I'm suppressed the exhaust system lasted as long as it did. The high rise pipe sticks up over a foot and engine motion being what it is (mostly radial) the top of the high rise goes left and right w the vibration. And the big hose is extremely ridgid so I'm thinking the vibration movement is transferred directly to the lift muffler. And to the boat where the lift muffler mounts. So I'm going to look into installing a short section of SS accordian like pipe to absorb the vibration. The whole boat may be smoother. I'm fortuneate though as the fairly small amount of vibration felt is at rpms that are very seldom used. But any reduction of vibration is good. Anyway I'm going down there today to look the situation over.
By the way my holding tank extractor pump works fine .. must have the seacock closed.
I'm a little afraid the wires for the VHF antenna don't have connecters close to the antenna so may be a PITA to do the wires.

The rest of the presentable pictures.

The second and third pics are Prevost Harbor.

The blue one was Haro Strait and the rest Montague Marine Park.

Attachments

• DSCF2328.jpg
    DSCF2328.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF2301 copy.jpg
    DSCF2301 copy.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF2300.jpg
    DSCF2300.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF2315.jpg
    DSCF2315.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF2325.jpg
    DSCF2325.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF2322.jpg
    DSCF2322.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 102
Murray,
Ahhh I see ..
Haven't done anything like that in years. You need to keep your skill up so as to be able to reach everyone's mailbox.

I stumbled over good picture of the hose I intend to replace w a flex pipe. It's right above the seacock.

Attachments

• DSCF1602.jpg
    DSCF1602.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 191
Eric, great pictures as would be expected from you. Chris and Willy looked especially good. The last I saw of you, you were in a canoe.

Eric,
I've been watching this thread since the beginning and have enjoyed your posts and really enjoyed the photos. Thanks for taking us all along with you.

Mike

Sounds like you had a great run, Eric. Always going to have a few minor hiccups.
The pics are making me a bit homesick.

Don, Mike,
Thank you much.
Won't get back to the exhaust for a few days. Take off for a few days and things pop up. Chris was worried the boat might sink when I sawed of the pipe. Very perceptive of her to put that together I think. I think she's getting bored w boating. She likes going to town but anchoring is just being trapped on the boat .. cooking and washing dishes. Looks like I better help her out more. But when the domestic stuff is done we usually make/drink tea and read. Maybe a TV on a boat isn't as disgusting as I thought. I like watching the news these days.

AusCan,
If you ever make it up here I'll put you up. Our boats are so similar I'd love to show you Willy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom