Directional Sink Aerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptTom

Guru
Vessel Make
Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Wondering if anyone else has solved this one...

In our forward head we have an RV-style faucet on the sink, with a shower diverter built in.

For some reason, the designers of these seem to think it's OK to have the faucet stick out only an inch or so into the sink. I have yet to find a faucet, with a diverter, that allows me to actually get my hands under the stream of water.

This got me thinking. What if the aerator (about the only part of the fixture you can replace) redirected the water stream out, toward the center of the sink?

They do sell an aerator on a ball joint for kitchen sinks that lets you direct the stream, but the ones I've seen are too long for the smaller sink in the head.

Ideas?

Wondering if anyone else has solved this one...

Sounds like you had the same vintage hardware I did.... I just Replaced mine with a whale recently...More sink access and better shower....Much improved!

elegance_mixer_combo_unit_RT2500.jpg

Whale Marine - Products

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that.

Mine has a diverter to a separate shower head, with a long hose. Not sure the Whale units come with a long enough hose. I'll look into it.

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that.

Mine has a diverter to a separate shower head, with a long hose. Not sure the Whale units come with a long enough hose. I'll look into it.

5 usable feet on the one pictured....Fine for my small head!

Why not just go to a plumbing supply store and pick one out? Plenty of long neck faucets out there with and without hose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom