Electrical wiring and Panels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Enola B

Veteran Member
Ok all, you have touched a subject that is dear to my heart.* I'll go ahead and start the "Electircal" thread.* The first step to putting together a good electrical system is to have a plan.** Attached are of couple of drawings that I did to set the stage as to how things will play out.* If you notice the dates, they were started some time ago and have undergone numerous revisions along the way and still more to go.* I did the drawings in Autocad, as that is what I do for work, but even some good old fashioned pencil and paper drawings* will do the trick. These are not all the drawing I have done for my project but they are represintitave of what is involved.

Attachments

• ac power.jpg
    ac power.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 128
  • dc power 1.jpg
    dc power 1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 123
  • dc power 2.jpg
    dc power 2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 105
  • wiring panel.jpg
    wiring panel.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 112
OOPS! I don't know why the drawings came out on end, but hope you all get the idea just the same.
Sorry bout that.
Bill

Bill,
I did a very similar as-built drawing of my present 12 volt system. I would post a picture but the original is in my computer at the office. I used Auto Cad 2007 LT. It makes a good resource for troubleshooting. I went through the boat and traced out the wiring the P.O. had been doing over the years. After the drawings were done it was easy to see what I needed to do to improve the system. Some things got stripped out and reworked. Things are getting better with time.

-- Edited by reefdrifter on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 08:47:36 PM

here are some of my dc drawings.

Attachments

• 12v dc 1.jpg
    12v dc 1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 12v dc 2.jpg
    12v dc 2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom