View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 09:52 AM   #109
NAC

City: Lake Champlain
The replies are very welcome, thank you.

To follow up on range....The range would be what I get out of 250 gallons of fuel. If slow and not working against a current or similar, I feel that stops under 200 miles between would keep me less stressed. From what I have read, that may be a concern traveling the loop through mid-section of US; any input on this would appreciated.

For maintenance...The positive side to gas is that they are easily maintained as most everything is readily available if not carried with me. My maintenance has been seasonally (no winter boating here) at 100-200 hours of use. I would continue something similar.

I have had it drilled into my head that diesel was the only way to go. Sales tax on another boat alone would put me many miles around the loop.....thanks for that reality check.

When we do travel on our yearly "big" trip we do take our time. We are fortunate in that we get by with our summers free with only rare work that can be done over the net. This has us doing extended stays when and where we find something interesting. That is why the loop has been so appealing and why your comments about my boat and SeeVee's have hit home. There is no need or strong desire to rush through it (thank goodness for autopilot). I am sure that on certain stretches there may be moments of impatience that I will have to deal with or pay for.

Keep the thoughts coming...feel free to take the other side. I do really appreciate the information and insights I have been finding on this site (I should've joined in earlier...doh).
NAC is offline   Reply With Quote