drb1025
Guru

City: Port Ludlow
Vessel Name: Fiddler
Vessel Model: DeFever 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshillam View Post
OK

So I have narrowed it down. I am leaning on a GB 42 I really like the use the space, specially as my son grows everyone will have their own space, places to hang as a family and places to enjoy a book, activity etc. I know initially I wanted a bit faster of a boat but after touring a OA 42 with it's tight ER and GB I just like the feel of the GB and ER so much better. So, here are the two I am considering,

42 GB motor yacht

and 44 Defever

both run about the same speed, both are laid out similarly. What say you? I am thinking about flying into Anacortes to check out the available 44 Defever and really crawl around.

While I prefer the DeFever Pilothouse model over the one in Anacortes, I know that its higher and flared bow will result in a much drier ride than the GB. Having chartered GBs, that was one of the first disappointments for us. The smallest chop splashed the windshield. The DF is stabilized, which you want in a boat like this. I wonder if it has been repowered or lightly used with such low hours. I really like the inside accommodations of the GB MY with its full width master stateroom. While in the Anacortes area, you may want to drive up to Bellingham and take a look at the GB fleet of NW Explorations, some of which are for sale.
drb1025 is offline   Reply With Quote