N62 infinity ∞

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll be spending a few more months around the Hawaiian Islands, and then heading south at the end of June, (through the South Pacific Islands), & onto New Zealand for October / November.
Well, I guess I'm just not a long distance cruiser as I can't imagine experiencing what you folks did on your voyage. It is, however, great to vicariously accompany you on your adventures on a boat I've always admired. Best of luck to you on future cruising!

,,,,, It is, however, great to vicariously accompany you on your adventures on a boat I've always admired. Best of luck to you on future cruising!

Thanks for your kind words, very much appreciated :)
We'll try to keep the forum up-to-date as we go.

Absolutely. Thanks for the update!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Great adventure and a great blog. Best of luck with your travels and if you do end up in Tassie give me a shout, would love to have a beer or two and show you some sites or some great places to go :)

Cheers

Dave

Impressive to see these Nordy owners tackle their own bottom job-- on a 62' boat! I'm thinking that's not the norm but I could be wrong.

I need Julie to train my wife (and me for that matter)-- she is a serious worker.

Great blog!

Andy and Julie,

Really enjoy your blog, thanks so much for sharing your adventures. It's an inspiration to live your dreams whether one's cruising plans include crossing oceans or exploring waters closer to home.
Great story about the challenges of getting Harley to Hawaii!
Can't wait for the next installment.

Subscribe!

Impressive to see these Nordy owners tackle their own bottom job-- on a 62' boat! I'm thinking that's not the norm but I could be wrong.

I need Julie to train my wife (and me for that matter)-- she is a serious worker.

I know a number of Nordy owners that do most all of their own maintenance, just because they can afford a great boat doesn't preclude them rolling up their sleeves and getting dirty. Many subscribe to the self sufficient voyager lifestyle and do it so they really know their boats.. a great idea when something goes wrong in the middle of the night and you can visualize the boat to work on solutions.

When I do deliveries I have a routine where no matter what the condition of the boat and how well it has been maintained I spend hours in the E.R. just scanning where everything is just in case of a problem.

My philosophy is I will do whatever it takes to make sure I never have to step up into a life raft.

I applaud the Infinity crew on really taking car of their boat and getting their hands dirty in the process.

HOLLYWOOD

Ah shucks guys :eek:
We get involved mostly because we have too, to save $$,$$$
The by-product of that of course, is you get to learn about your boat. :thumb:

Well time sure flies,,,
It's been 7 months since I last posted here. We are still in Hawaii - and will be until March 31st, 2016. We continue to enjoy life in the Hawaiian Islands which some of it is captured in a few blog updates

Our next Voyage will be a South Pacific cruise from Oahu to New Zealand, taking 6 months. The plan is to reach New Zealand, October 1, 2016. I'll update the travel plans in the New Year. :thumb:

Andy & Julie,

See what happens when another Nordhaven shows up in your current back yard?
Looks like the Pendana crew will be leaving About the same time, just opposite directions.
Enjoy the holidays and best of luck.

We were on a snorkeling trip last month and saw you nicely nestled in the slip. Looks very nice. We are currently searching for a 60, hopefully soon.
Safe cruising
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1446377157.499795.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Capt. Don

We were on a snorkeling trip last month and saw you nicely nestled in the slip. Looks very nice. We are currently searching for a 60, hopefully soon.
Safe cruising
View attachment 46129

Capt. Don

Hey Capt. Don!
Sorry we missed you! Just seeing this post for the first time.
From your photo, it looks as though the boat was closed up? A rare occasion on INFINITY. I believe I was working in Vietnam, and Julie had to fly back to Vancouver. We are currently preparing the boat for our South Pacific / New Zealand trip,,,, Oh so much to do.

If you want to bounce any '60' ideas off me, I'm all ears,,, love talking boats.

Yes, you were all closed up nicely. If not we would have knocked on your door.
Would love to chat with you. My e-mail address is: don.mccarty@us.mcd.com. We are flying to Florida the first of the year to also look at a 64, no 60's on the market currently.
We are wanting to secure something in the next 6 months.please. Interesting you are head down under. We lived there for 2 years prior to moving to Tokyo. You will enjoy the area.
Please E-Mail me and we can start a dialog.
Cheers

Capt. Don

Would love to chat with you. ,,,
Please E-Mail me and we can start a dialog.
Cheers

Capt. Don

Hi Capt Don,
Email sent! Bring on the dialogue:thumb:

We're finally getting ready for the big push to Tahiti. :)
Just posted to our site, Journal entry No.001, here

Update time! (Sept. 9th/2016) -btw, our 28th anniversary :socool:

We are almost finished our 2016 Voyage (Hawaii-New Zealand) - and are currently set up in FIJI. Our website does not yet include Fiji, as we've only been here a week, but the rest is up-to-date, with the latest post here

I would be happy to field any questions, or discuss ocean voyages in general, if anyone cares to. We'll cruise around Fiji once we get our hydraulic winch repaired, and then make our way towards NZ by the end of Sept. :thumb:

...We'll cruise around Fiji once we get our hydraulic winch repaired, and then make our way towards NZ by the end of Sept. :thumb:
Fiji is a popular for vacationing Aussies, NZers seem to prefer Rarotonga.
Where do you plan visiting in NZ? I`m loath to make suggestions, Aitutaki didn`t seem to work so well. The south and north NZ islands are very different.

Don't forget to put Tasmania on your cruising list.
It's right next to New Zealand.:)

I`m loath to make suggestions, Aitutaki didn`t seem to work so well,,,

Hi Bruce!
Not at all - Aitutaki was awesome, it worked out great!
Of course the "INFINITY universal law of balance" had it's way with us, but I have come to expect the unexpected now,,, one can only see so much, or have so much fun, without paying a price for it. We're currently laid up in FIJI, making the best of it, while we await winch parts to be flown in from New Zealand.
I now understand this is all part of ocean voyaging.

We're currently laid up in FIJI, making the best of it, while we await winch parts to be flown in from New Zealand.
I now understand this is all part of ocean voyaging.

I have a friend who was recently laid up in FIJI awaiting parts. Somehow I failed to fee as horrible for him (or you) as I would in many other places you could be laid up.

I have a friend who was recently laid up in FIJI awaiting parts. Somehow I failed to fee as horrible for him (or you) as I would in many other places you could be laid up.

Yeah, I hear you B.
It ain't so bad. :D

What's the deal with your windlass, Andy? Is it really broken or are you just stretching out your stay in paradise just a wee bit longer?

The winch is fixed! & working like a champ! :thumb:
Funny how things can work out for the better...
If we were not holed-up in Port Denarau for a week, we would have missed the 33rd Annual Musket Cove Regatta.
We love it here in Fiji! :dance:

ps,,, I think we're the only trawler here! :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 181
The Good Life, when the bad days are getting holed up in an exotic location. lol

Infinity meets La Vangabonde

For some time now I have been following the travels of a young couple sailing around the the world.
Sailing La Vagabonde | A Few Words Behind The Movies

I was pleased to see that this couple recently met and spent some time with Julie and Andy aboard MV Infinity

Here is the link to the video blog. (The visit starts at 10:39)

It's not often that 2 blogs that you follow collide!

The crew of La Vagabond are my favorite cruising couple. Very cool they got to hang out on Infinity. I agree-- Infinity seems like a lot of boat to clean by yourself (And maintain of course, but the cleaning seems worse to me).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom