• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: SOLD; 2005 Endeavour TrawlerCat 44

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks88

Veteran Member
2005 Endeavour TrawlerCat 44
Price: $233,500

New bottom paint (May 2016)
New shaft seals (March 2016)
New port side cutlass bearings (March 2016)

LOA: 44'
beam: 18'8"
draft: 3'
displacement: 25,000lbs +/-

Engines
- twin Yanmar 4LHA-STP/Z 240hp main engines
- hours 1554 port and 1554 starboard

Capacities
- 500 gallons fuel
- 120 gallons fresh water
- 80 gallons waste

Helm Station and Deck
- Carrier roof mounted air conditioner for cockpit
- navigation station with hydraulic steering
- adjustable helm seat with foot rest
- adjustable first mate seat with foot rest
- 6" binnacle compass
- 12 volt control panel at helm
- 12 stainless steel opening ports with screens
- 3 stainless steel opening deck hatches
- 2 opening roof hatches in helm station
- stainless steel railings with double lifelines
- molded PVC rubrail
- two bow corner rail seats
- molded fiberglass hardtop with windshield, windshiled wipers, stainless steel arch support
- acrylic companionway door with lock
- stainless steel anchor roller and cleat
- stainless steel bow, stern, and amidships cleats
- lifelines at the stern with gates
- self draining foredeck storage lockers
- 6 deck storage lockers
- boarding ladder at stear of each hull
- molded non-skid on all deck surfaces
- aft flood light
- cockpit sun shades
- cockpit lighting
- custom shades for cockpit windows
- folding cockpit table
- cockpit cushions
- remote searchlight
- 12 volt windlass 1200# with reversing option and chain locker
- 50lb plow anchor on approximately two hundred feet of 5/16" chain
- 45lb CQR anchor on combination 5/16" chain and 3/4" nylon rode
- Fortress FX-37 anchor on combination 5/16" chain and 3/4" nylon rode
- AB RIB with 8hp Yamaha outboard
- electric dinghy davit
- four 110w battery charging solar panels
- Lifesling

Galley
- Force 10 propane two burner stove/oven
- Origo microwave
- Nova Kool 7.5 cubic foot refrigerator/freezer 12 volt DC
- Fisher Paykel dishwasher
- Sea Gull water purification system

Salon
- L shaped seating
- folding table
- additional bench seating
- navigation station with drawer
- cabinet with wine drawer
- Toshiba 28" digital LED television
- Kenwood AM/FM/SXM/USB/Bluetooth stereo receiver
- Tundra refrigerator
- U-Line icemaker
- digital air conditioning thermostat

Master Stateroom
- centerline king size bed
- night stand on each side of bed
- 12 volt lighting
- digital air conditioning thermostat
- 110 volt lighting
- Sharp television
- DVD player
- 2 opening hatches with screens and blackout covers

Master Head
- starboard hull forward
- Jabsco porcelain USCG type III MSD (toilet)
- 40 gallon plastic holding tank
- Jabsco macerator pump
- shower
- medicine cabinet

Guest Staterooms
- tapered queen size beds
- hanging lockers with 3 drawers underneath
- 12 volt lighting
- 12 volt fans
- 110 volt lighting
- 3 stainless steel opening portlights with screens in each stateroom

Guest Head
- port hull forward
- Jabsco porcelain USCG type III MSD (toilet)
- 40 gallon plastic holding tank
- Jabsco macerator pump
- shower
- medicine cabinet
- Splendide 2000S washer/dryer

Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Raymarine C120 wide chartplotter
- Raymarine digital RADAR
- Standard Horizon VHF with remote handset
- Raymarine ST60+ depth sounder
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot
- Ritchie compass
- KVH Tracvision C3 satellite telivision antenna
- Sirius satellite radio receiver and antenna

Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- house batteries
- 110 volt shore power system
- AC and DC electrical panels
- 2 30amp shore power cords
- Xantrex TruCharge 40+ battery charger
- Xantrex Pro Watt 3000 inverter with transfer switch
- navigation and anchor lights
- 20lb propane bottle in vented locker
- deck mounted fuel and water fills
- deck mounted holding tank pump-out access
- remote shutoff for propane
- 12 volt hot and cold pressure water system
- 110 volt 11 gallon hot water heater with engine heat exchange
- 12 volt interior lighting
- two 12 volt automatic bilge pumps
- non-corrosive fiberglass reinforced marelon through hulls and seacocks
- fresh water washdown at bow and stern
- fuel gauge
- water tank guage
- Northern Lights M673L.2 genset with 271 hours
- oil change pumps on mains and generator
- fuel polishing system
- secondary fuel filters on mains and generator
- two Crusair 16000btu air conditioners

Additional Info
- 12V 400gpd watermaker

Attachments

• profile.jpg
    profile.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 253
  • companionway.jpg
    companionway.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 243
  • salon1.jpg
    salon1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 262
  • galley.jpg
    galley.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 256
  • portguest.jpg
    portguest.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 258
  • guesthead.jpg
    guesthead.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 262
  • master.jpg
    master.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 272
  • masterhead.jpg
    masterhead.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 251
  • mastercloset.jpg
    mastercloset.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 256
  • helm.jpg
    helm.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 258
What kind of speed can this thing do?

Nice boat BTW!!!

Cruise Performance

Cruise speed at roughly 60% power is 7 knots. I've had her make 16 knots in relatively calm conditions. Fuel burn is between 2-3 gallons per hour. We recently cruised from Stuart, FL to Key Largo, then turned around and went north to Brunswick, GA, then back south to St. Augustine and burned right at 300 gallons, a little better than 2 miles per gallon (not accounting for a small amount of time running the genset).

I've been aboard one of these boats. They have a TON of room and great deck space. They are nice (big) boats for sure.

Good luck with the sale!

I have been intrigued with these boats but wonder about the ease of getting a transient slip with an 18'8" beam. How much of an issue is this?

Where is it located?

Currently boatless but seriously shopping,...

Last edited:
Do you find that there is a "hump" as it relates to speed? I guess that is a question of whether those are planing hulls or full displacement. Full displacement hull cats, like the PDQ series, do not have a hump. So you do not get penalized for doing speeds in that "hump" range....like 9-12 knots. If I were a betting man, I'd say those are planing hulls with a hump?

When my Admiral and I narrowed our choices down to six boats, there were three mono-hulls and three cats. The Endeavour 44 was one of them. We've been aboard three, but never underway. For a couple of years, I teased Bob Vincent by sending him Photoshop versions of hard pilothouses for the 44. Too much weight, though.

Baker, in calm conditions our TrawlerCat WILL get on a "plane". It can take a while, but it will do it. Between around 2,000 rpm and full throttle, the speed gain vs fuel burn just doesn't seem to be worth the trouble to me. I just run at 1,800-1,900 except for the occasional full throttle (either for fun or to clean some diesel out of the engine).

Healhustler, we actually prefer to take the canvas completely off. We have yet to be on a boat with an enclosure that kept all bugs out, and it only takes a few to ruin a meal or evening. No canvas helps with the breeze, gives a sense of more space, and makes it easier to get in/out of the cockpit area. I'm not sure I'd want a hard enclosure.

Will Trade

I suppose it is worth noting that I will take a 44'-54', 1985 or newer, convertible or sport fishing boat in trade.

We looked at one for sale in Stuart, FL 2-3 years ago. Very roomy and the walk around king in the master stateroom was a real eye opener. I can't imagine a more comfortable boat for the loop in its size range. It is like a shallow draft houseboat, a pontoon boat and a trawler in a single package.

We lost interest when we called the local marina and they would charge us for a 60' slip due to the 19' beam. Loved the boat though.

Slip Rates

That's interesting. It is likely my boat that you looked at in Stuart. When we purchased the boat in Stuart the marina was very accommodating, charging us only as a 44' vessel, even went as far as to pro-rate our week to week stay using the monthly per foot rate. We have yet to be charged any premium because of our width. In fact, at most places we fit in a standard slip. I have been to a marina that pulled out a tape and measured tip to tip instead of using the manufacturers length.

While we understand that the vessel HAS to spend a certain amount of time in a slip and/or on the hard, we didn't purchase the vessel so we could sit in marinas. Thankfully anchorages are still free and mooring balls are significantly less expensive than slips.

The admiral called Loggerhead in Vero Beach. I don't recall if they didn't have any 45' slips available or they were not wide enough for the beam. Anyways, they told us they would put us in a 60' slip at almost $700/mo and that killed our interest.

You bought a great boat though. I have always wondered why Endeavour trawler cats were not more popular with boat buyers.

That's a nice looking craft, so 450 gals of fuel at apprx 2 miles to gal is a range of 900 miles, am I correct , just curious ,

Supposedly the tank will hold 500 gallons. I've yet to run it to empty, so I can't swear that it does. Wouldn't surprise me if the range exceeded 900 miles. I'll find out this winter (if she doesn't sale) when I take off for the Bahamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom