Heart Health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
Well I'm sitting here with an IV in my arm waiting for another heart procedure . Had open heart this past December that failed . Then a couple angioplasty to try and make it work . Now I'm in to try and complete a CTO/PCI that was started in May . Has anybody had one of these ? It's been a crummy ride since Decenber but life is good . The boat is still on the hard getting bottom repaired . Can't wait to get this over and get after it again .

Gee Marty! Didn't realize you were going through all this. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thanks Mike .

giphy.gif

Where are you having this done? Hopefully it does the job. If it does, hope they can combine meds and lifestyle orders to keep you young for years thereafter.

If it doesn't solve the problems, it's time to see experts elsewhere. Find the best heart program there is and go see them.

Sorry to hear Marty.

How old are you and was there anything specific that caused this or just lifestyle?

Where are you having this done? Hopefully it does the job. If it does, hope they can combine meds and lifestyle orders to keep you young for years thereafter.

If it doesn't solve the problems, it's time to see experts elsewhere. Find the best heart program there is and go see them.
Thanks B , I'm in Memphis ( my home town ) . Still waiting . They've had a couple emergencies come that has delayed my procedure a few hrs . This PCI procedure is fairly new and my only option right now .
I was supposed to find out about travel lift capacity for you. I will get it this weekend . Thanks for your support .

When my dad was in for emergency triple bypass surgery a few years ago, he convinced the doctor to let him have two beers a day while he was still in the hospital recovering from the surgery (it was a long recovery). My mother brought him a six pack of Mich Ultra, which the nurses kept in the locked medicine fridge in his room. They would give him two bottles every evening.

Sorry to hear Marty.

How old are you and was there anything specific that caused this or just lifestyle?
Thanks menzies . I'm 60 and been dealing with it about 15 years . It's mostly hereditary and I'm sure some early age stress. Never smoked in my life . Have a few drinks and a little wine .

Last edited:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dang, Marty, let's keep our fingers crossed that this one goes better than the last one. Hang in there, get back to good health and back on the boat.

Been meaning to pm and ask how you've been Marty, wife and I continue to pray for you and yours. Get outta that hospital as quick as you can as I've heard they let sick folks in there :)

Thanks B , I'm in Memphis ( my home town ) . Still waiting . They've had a couple emergencies come that has delayed my procedure a few hrs . This PCI procedure is fairly new and my only option right now .
I was supposed to find out about travel lift capacity for you. I will get it this weekend . Thanks for your support .

Well, if this doesn't solve your issues, please get to a higher ranked cardiology hospital and at least get a second opinion. Best in TN would be Vanderbilt, although you might go out of state. Vanderbilt is ranked #29 in the country in Cardiology.

Marty, really sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Ted

Marty;
Hope everything goes well. We'll be praying for your speedy recovery & quick return to the boating life

Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery, Marty.

Thanks menzies . I'm 60 and been dealing with it about 15 years . It's mostly hereditary and I'm sure some early age stress. Never smoked in my life . Have a few drinks and a little wine .

Are they considering stents?

Best wishes for a successful and speedy recovery Marty. You have a lot of prayers coming your way.

Bill

Best wishes...I hope you have a speedy recouperation

Thanks guys for all the well wishes . They worked on me about three hours last night but unfortunately they were unsuccessful . Everything is cool. May try something else down the road. Thanks again and it's back to boats and boat repair.

Stay away from...

Attachments

• twinkies.jpg
    twinkies.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 50
Hey man, I hope your get some better results, praying for you

Damn, just read the last post, sorry to here it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Marty. I had some cardiac stuff done too (stents in my case). I don't drink anymore...and I don't drink any less. It's true what they say. Your health is everything.
Get well soon!

Sounds like you may need better cardiologists, supposedly these days if they catch things in time no one needs die of heart attack , columbia prespeterian has some excellent people here in ny ,Ive also heard clevland clinic.
last year I had a heart attack ,LDA was 99% blocked, 3 stents same artery , im good to go.... hopin you get the same results

Sounds like you may need better cardiologists, supposedly these days if they catch things in time no one needs die of heart attack , columbia prespeterian has some excellent people here in ny ,Ive also heard clevland clinic.
last year I had a heart attack ,LDA was 99% blocked, 3 stents same artery , im good to go.... hopin you get the same results

NY Presbyterian is ranked #3 in the nation in Cardiology. This is the point I was attempting to make too, that not all doctors, not all hospitals are created equal and I'd suggest another opinion from a higher ranked hospital. No hospital in Memphis is in the top 100 in any field. I love living in South Florida. However, not where I would seek treatment for any serious, complex medical condition.

One of my dock neighbors is a cardiac surgeon. My boat brokers wife is a cardiac nurse. The surgeon suggested that I seek a second opinion for my own issue but not from the top rated here in chicago(Northwestern), but an emerging, also university related teaching hospital (Evanston). He said that many "top rated" rest on their laurels and you are another number. The emerging one wants to win and is usually more agressive in their discovery of what to do for the patient

Back
Top Bottom