Spotlight not rotating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
I've got a Jabsco remote control spotlight that has stopped rotating. Light comes on, will go up and down, but no left or right. Any ideas?

* I had to clean the joy stick insides with spray contact cleaner when mine would not go up and down.

Might be a contact.* In a high wind storm, 60+ mph, it stripped the plastic gears so now ours will not rotate. If you have had a high wind storm it might be the gears.* I epoxy it solid so it now aims about 20 ft in front of the bow buts still lights up the deck.* We very seldom used it as we have hand help which are user to aim/use.

I have had the same thing happen twice, that fixed by spraying a bit a lube into the switch (joystick). The fact that it worked, says a lot about how well the switch was sealed. The last (third) time, the toggle broke off flush. Being a cheap bastard, rather than pay the big bucks for a replacement from the OEM, I looked and looked for a replacement in various industrial electronics catalogs, with no luck. I settled by replacing the joystick with two momentary on-off mom. on SPDT toggles. I mounted one so it moved up/down and the other moved side/side. End of problem so far. The toggles are better quality than the original IMO.

-- Edited by Capn Craig on Sunday 3rd of April 2011 09:21:57 PM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom