Old 09-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
db2
Veteran Member

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Wiggle Room
Vessel Model: Spendrift 58
Adjusting Governor Perkins T6.354

Hi all,
I have a 1974 Californian 42LRC with 2 Perkins T6.354 engines fitted with hydraulic governors. While investigating a potential over prop situation, i discovered that the problem may be too low of a WOT set point. I have found that the control cables are set up with too little throw and I can handle that. However, the hydraulic governors have me scratching my head and I could use some help. There does not seem to be much information in the CAV user manual and the Perkins workshop manual is next to useless about the governors. OK, so here is my problem: the control lever on the governor moves up and down to regulate fuel and I get that, However, the lever also rocks back and forth to activate another function which I don't understand. It looks like the rocking regulates fuel enrichment or something. Any way, my control cable angle of attack makes the lever rock which makes the idle speed increase. How is the cable and lever supposed to be set up. Also, once I get the control cable to lever issue resolved, how do I set the WOT limit to 2400 rpm?

thanks in advance,

Dan
db2 is offline   Reply With Quote