Thread: Boat Shows
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 12:32 PM   #17
sbu22
Guru

City: New Orleans
Vessel Name: Panache
Vessel Model: Viking 43 Double Cabin '76
FLIBS is tall cotton, for sure. Depends on what you're looking for. I was ltrying to meet a couple of the Viking guys who have been so gracious in assisting me with my '76 (year, not OAL) - knew they'd be with a new 48' they were unveiling at FLIBs. I was having trouble figuring out which of the 5 or 6 marinas they were in.

I tagged an "Event Security" guy for guidance - he didn't know, so he radiod his supervisor for help - the Sup's response: "They're over on Pier F where the little boats are." That kind of said it all.

Fun time. Need more days than the event lasts to see it all. Very well organized, good bus service between locations. Because we hadn't planned on going - just happened to be in the area with a couple of unexpected days on our hands - Ft L solidly booked the day before FLIBS opened - wound up in Hollywood Beach on the stretch that looks like it's straight out of a Travis McGee novel. Great fun!

Added bonus - got to meet TF's Parks at his booth and discuss new anchors. Well, actually, his booth just happened to be imediately adjacent to the "Scantily Clad Young Women Demonstrating Acrobatics on Paddle Boards" exhibit. I don't remember a lot of details about the new ........ He claimed the booth assignment was pure happenstance.
sbu22 is offline   Reply With Quote