Stained Headliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gmarr

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Jay
Vessel Make
Non Trawler ;-) Ask me if it matters LOL
My new to me boat comes with a stained fabric headliner from previously repaired water leaks. (We are told lol) they are brown in nature so may be a combination of stains from the repaired wet core, or some are possibly run off from metals...IE rusty color.

Any ideas as to cleaning versus replacing? ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1473797401.350487.jpg

My new to me boat comes with a stained fabric headliner from previously repaired water leaks. (We are told lol) they are brown in nature so may be a combination of stains from the repaired wet core, or some are possibly run off from metals...IE rusty color.

Any ideas as to cleaning versus replacing?

I highly doubt that you can clean it. So I'm wondering about fabric paint/dye. Other than cost of doing it you really have nothing to lose as the only other course is to replace it. And i don't think that's cheap.

We used Oxy Clean on stains that looked just like those. Worked well.

If folks have painting solutions as well and can share, i'd love to hear them.

Someone on this forum talked about this product. My headliners are getting a bit yellowed so I might try it in a couple of years from now. However, if some TF member would like to be the guinea pig in the meantime, please feel free to post your results. (I feel an RT video coming soon on guinea pigs).

https://www.rubnrestore.com/

Back
Top Bottom