It's boat show time in Newport!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Guru
Once again, September is here and it is time for the Newport "International" Boat show.
Although this show is a mere shadow of its former glorious self, it is still something we look forward to each year.
We have a friend who exhibits at the show and he spends each year at our home. We of course get access to the show and as we just an island away and retired...
This week will be something of a big party for us!

Anyway, this year will be more interesting than some of the more recent shows as we are actually building a new boat and of course we will be looking at everything!

There will be an American Tug 395 at the show so if you are wandering around...

See you there!
Bruce

I think of Newport as just a special place for boating and boat interests. While the show isn't what it once was, it's still Newport and there's only one Newport. We spent a good bit of time there in 2015 and loved it. Maybe one year we'll be there for the show.

I've always wanted to go to this show, but for goodness sakes, they schedule it before Columbus day. This is New England and the boating season is short. It's no wonder its a shadow of its former glory.

Most of us are still boating this time of year. And no, i'm not going to take the boat there in the hopes of finding a mooring, or jockeying for dock space either.

Spent the majority of my life boating out of Westport, Mass. Lots of trips to Newport. Fond memories of the sailing town with the drinking problem or other way around. My favorite memories is of the days of the America's cup races. Those were great September days.

John
Merritt Island,Fl

Hi Bruce... I'm relatively new to the game - this will be my third Newport and this year I'm coming up to sign a contract for a Nordic Tug 40 (the somewhat stretched out version of the 39 (as you probably know)(which is the stretched out version of the 37 - or maybe even the same version!)... Anyway - my wife and I love the feel of New England, lobster rolls, and general nautical "historic" feel the place has. We were not lucky enough to experience it in its heyday (when the Cup was still untarnished there), but we're starting to make memories.
I'll be there Friday and Saturday - we definitely thought long and hard re: American Tug 395 - LOVE many of the features, but in the end the adjustments NT made with the 40 tipped us that way... Well - to be completely honest it was the post-sale support system NT has in the N.East that swayed us.

We're excited - first time boaters... Got the classes all lined up for this fall and early next year and NT 40-07 will be delivered to Essex, CT in January/February 2017.
Safe travels - I will try to swing by the AT 395 to introduce myself.
Tom
P.s. About to make my first "original" post on this site, hoping the adage "there are no dumb questions" applies to me as well!

Hi Bruce... I'm relatively new to the game - this will be my third Newport and this year I'm coming up to sign a contract for a Nordic Tug 40 (the somewhat stretched out version of the 39 (as you probably know)(which is the stretched out version of the 37 - or maybe even the same version!)... Anyway - my wife and I love the feel of New England, lobster rolls, and general nautical "historic" feel the place has. We were not lucky enough to experience it in its heyday (when the Cup was still untarnished there), but we're starting to make memories.
I'll be there Friday and Saturday - we definitely thought long and hard re: American Tug 395 - LOVE many of the features, but in the end the adjustments NT made with the 40 tipped us that way... Well - to be completely honest it was the post-sale support system NT has in the N.East that swayed us.

We're excited - first time boaters... Got the classes all lined up for this fall and early next year and NT 40-07 will be delivered to Essex, CT in January/February 2017.
Safe travels - I will try to swing by the AT 395 to introduce myself.
Tom
P.s. About to make my first "original" post on this site, hoping the adage "there are no dumb questions" applies to me as well!

Wow!
Congrats on the new boat!!!
If you see me, stop me and say hello. I will be wandering around in a "walking boot/cast" thing on my right foot so I should be easy to find...
Have fun at the show!
Bruce

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom