Hello from Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ftbinc

Vessel Name
Oma
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogan\Manatee
Hi All:
I have been lurking as a non-member for several months, since we located the forum. The two of us have been racing sailboats for the past several decades. Even though I am only 29 years old, We are getting close to retirement. It is our intention to continue to live and race in Chicago, but to "retire" on a trawler/live aboard in the harbors, instead of in the suburbs, and relocate our winter headquarters to Salt Lake.

In the process of discussing these plans, we also decided that we want to loop at least once. This has complicated our boat choice to boats that can make the trip as opposed to just to and from the 'yard' in the spring/fall.

Anyway - we have liked what we saw on the TF and thought we would join the fun. We are looking for a suitable vessel to call home. Any thoughts or leads on suitable boats would be welcome.

You're too young to be on here.

Go away.

Retiring at thirty'ish! Sheesh, can't have them around here,right?

:rofl:

in order to be here definitely need the geezer card, most have a curmudgeon endorsement.. :):):)

welcome aboard, enjoy your boat search... we live aboard about 4 months out of the year. The boat gets pretty small by the 4th month... My only advice is to go bigger then you think you need...

29? What's that?

Welcome to the forum!

Hi All:
I have been lurking as a non-member for several months, since we located the forum. The two of us have been racing sailboats for the past several decades. Even though I am only 29 years old, We are getting close to retirement.

I got in trouble last night for questioning what somebody wrote, so I'll tread lightly here.

You have been racing sailboats for the past several decades.....
Last time I checked, "Several" is 3 or more.
You are only 29 years old.
Can you explain that, and if you can, I want some.

:confused: I have a boat that's older than you. :rolleyes:

Ted

I'm 41 and have been working on my Rose for 6-7 years now, made one trip in that whole time, trawler will pile some years in you if you don't watch out.

Welcome aboard
Lots of trawlers in Chicago. We were in Burnham Harbor last week and Hammond Marina this week.
Cheers

Well, I have learned on this forum more so than any other I am on that there are folks on here from all walks of life, those who can afford whatever kind of Yacht they want to those who are more modest and even those who will always only be dreamers. Maybe he is a professional baseball player for the Cubs making $20 million a year....

Math?

The math is simple, my memory is bad so I stick with just one age to remember.

Welcome to the forum!

I got in trouble last night for questioning what somebody wrote, so I'll tread lightly here.

You have been racing sailboats for the past several decades.....
Last time I checked, "Several" is 3 or more.
You are only 29 years old.
Can you explain that, and if you can, I want some.

:confused: I have a boat that's older than you. :rolleyes:

Ted

have a friend who claims to be 19 with many years experience at being 19. lol

Ted

Go away.

Don't take old Menzies too seriously or personally. Of course you're welcome. He was just expressing the envy of most of us on here, I suspect, who struggled/are struggling to retire at 60 +, let alone younger, and certainly not in the late 30s. :cry:

But if you made it in IT, or whatever, never mind, the boating is the issue here not age. It sounds like a good plan. ;)

Go away.

Don't take old Menzies too seriously or personally. Of course you're welcome. He was just expressing the envy of most of us on here, I suspect, who struggled/are struggling to retire at 60 +, let alone younger, and certainly not in the late 30s. :cry:

But if you made it in IT, or whatever, never mind, the boating is the issue here not age. It sounds like a good plan. ;)

+1 :thumb:

Pay no never mind to the "geezer" card, LOL, bunch of jealous captains, that's all.
Besides, "retirement" is not an exact term. My mate and I "retired" before we made 30. Then we worked our way around the continent running boats and diving commercially. We are still doing it now, (well, for the most part anyways) in our sixties, with "geezer' card in hand and still in the same Wittholz trawler we started out in, in 1982..... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom