Low Pressure Error Code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seasalt007

Guru
Vessel Name
Aweigh
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 42
My research indicates that this error is generally a low Freon issue. My question is what is the best way to find a Freon leak on a split system where the compressor is in the engine room and the air handlers are scattered in various other spaces?

Last edited:
My research indicates that this error is generally a low Freon issue. My question is what is the best way to find a Freon leak on a split system where the compressor is in the engine room and the air handlers are scattered in various other spaces?

very often that the water heat exchanger and freon going on sea water, on freon you have oil to lubricated compressor look if you have evident oil leak on system.
you also have some electronic freon detector to look for leak.

Hugues

Look at all connections in the line set. Flare at condenser and before air handler. Wipe with dry paper towel and see if it shows oil,that your leak. Tighten connection and you should be good to go. If unit is r-22 you can add freon,if it r134, or blended refrigerant, then you will have to reclaim,evacutate,recharge.

A soapy solution is the easiest way. Spread on fittings and other suspected places. Leaks blow big bubbles.
There are leak sniffers, but were expensive last time I used one. Might be cheaper to hire a tech.

We would pump the system up with about 300 psi on nitrogen then use the electronic leak detector

Leak detectors are less than 40 bucks on Amazon and a little more at HF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom