Newbie from Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamboat53

Vessel Name
JACE
Vessel Make
Hatteras 53
Newbie here from Ontario Canada. Don't have a trawler but have a Hatteras, which I cruise like a trawler. I'm interested to learn from the other side of the spectrum and look forward to exchanging information.
Great Forum!

Welcome and enjoy your dream. We sure enjoyed your country this year.

Newbie here from Ontario Canada. Don't have a trawler but have a Hatteras, which I cruise like a trawler. I'm interested to learn from the other side of the spectrum and look forward to exchanging information.
Great Forum!

Yes, welcome and don't worry - we like Hatterasses on here. They give some of us something to lust after, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. :D

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy what ever boat floats you.

Ted

Yes welcome.
Our numbers are increasing.

LOL

Yeah, it's a little rocky up here. I keep the Boat in Orillia on Lake Simcoe, which gives me easy access to the Great Lakes or the St. Lawrence, whichever way I want to go.

Thanks for everyone's welcome.

LOL

Yeah, it's a little rocky up here. I keep the Boat in Orillia on Lake Simcoe, which gives me easy access to the Great Lakes or the St. Lawrence, whichever way I want to go.

You are in some wondeful cruising area.
Can't wait to get back that way.
Welcome aboard TF

Welcome! We cruised your North Channel many times. We enjoyed the Sportsman's Inn down the street from you very much. Tell us more about your 53 please.

LOL

So you have no size limitations in getting to both?

Dreamboat 53, Welcome to another Canuck. Was that you that pulled ahead of me a couple years back at Severn Falls?

Attachments

• IMG_1733 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1733 (Large).jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 63
Dreamboat 53, Welcome to another Canuck. Was that you that pulled ahead of me a couple years back at Severn Falls?

I know that spot. Does it still have that great restaurant at the end of that dock?

I know that spot. Does it still have that great restaurant at the end of that dock?

Well that just about covers 80% of the popular marinas in North America! :)

Welcome! We cruised your North Channel many times. We enjoyed the Sportsman's Inn down the street from you very much. Tell us more about your 53 please.

Well, she's 1984 vintage. Very solid boat and easy to handle. She has lots of room and is laid out very well. As with all boats, there is always something to do on her. She has 8V71 DD's. I usually cruise her around 9 knots. She has a bow thruster and stabilizers. I find the swim platform too narrow, so I'm going to see if I can get it widened this winter.
I've had her 3 years now and I'm pretty happy with her.

Last edited:
So you have no size limitations in getting to both?

I brought her up from New York State through the Trent Severn Waterway and had to lower the radar unit to get her under one of the bridges. Other than that no problems. I've also had her north of here into Georgian Bay with no problems. Going over Big Chute Lock was an interesting experience.
There are a couple of narrow spots en route where it's best to radio ahead to let people know you're coming through because she is pretty wide.
It's a great trip for any one interested.

No, that wasn't me. I had to look twice at the picture, but mine has a radar arch and a slightly different Bimini top.

Well that just about covers 80% of the popular marinas in North America! :)

Actually no...This place looks like your typical country restaurant but it's not. The food was prepared by a serious chef who had enough of the big city.
Presentation and quality of food was amazing.

Yes it does, we try to make it up a least once a year for their pork schnitzel, oh, and a beer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom