Liveaboard in Florida, 3-4 mo in winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes problem solvers make problems themselves. I have been aboard many larger vessels fitted with Delta T units and they far from silent. The fans themselves as well as the velocity noise from all that air movement can be quite irritating. The way many owners "fix" them is with variable speed fan motors, kind of defeats the purpose.

If you want a quiet generator, a marine brand water cooled unit in a factory enclosure with secondary isolation and a good exhaust system will get you there, for quiet, this wheel has been invented.

:socool:

"Most marine engine room blowers are limited to 250 cfm"

Boat store toys are always price limited, to get a blower the marine sources must be checked.

With the noisemaker operating power is no problem.

Delta T Systems Engineered Marine Engine Room Ventilation

www.deltatsystems.com/

Delta T Systems has pioneered the field of engineered marine engine room ventilation. Originally established in 1992, the company was born out of a critical ...‎Products - ‎Our Business - ‎My Engine Room

Delta "T" System Ventilation Products - Delta "T" Systems

www.deltatsystems.com/dtsp-deltat_products.aspx

The Delta "T" Systems product line has been developed over many years and ...

We're currently at a mooring at Boot Key Harbour. Any suggestions regarding restaurants or things to do?

You have plenty of restaurants just across from the city marina. Overseas bar and grill is having a pig roast Sunday 2-6 pm. Sunset at keys fishery 's tiki bar. Real nice. Burdines for burger's and fries,as well as fried key lime pie. Florida keys steak house for early bird. Stuffed pig for breakfast. So much to do you just have to stay.

The place to go, years ago when I hung out there was Sombrero's Dockside or something along those lines. It is near the head of the harbor.

David

Out of business ,the owner tried to walk away in the middle of the nite with out paying the help,suppliers.

Thank you for the advice. We went to the Overseas Pub and Grill Sunday and had a good time. Looking forward to discovering more of the area.��

You have plenty of restaurants just across from the city marina. Overseas bar and grill is having a pig roast Sunday 2-6 pm. Sunset at keys fishery 's tiki bar. Real nice. Burdines for burger's and fries,as well as fried key lime pie. Florida keys steak house for early bird. Stuffed pig for breakfast. So much to do you just have to stay.

Glad to hear some things don't change. Sad to hear about Sombrero, good degenerate hangout back in the day. And that's a competitive market around those parts.. that package store and dive bar near the city marina back in biz? I mean not that I would know about any of those joints directly mind you... I think...

How's the new touristy bar between Marathon Marina and the bridge?

Carreta: if you need a good dentist Tom Keifer there is the best one I have ever been to. And I have been to them all over the country in major and minor cities.

Last edited:
The overseas package store/bar is back in business and they did a great job of redoing it. The sunset bar/ grill is the touristy thing to do ,with the pool and view,pricey but I'm not a tourist any more. The Florida seafood and steak house is a great before 5:30 deal,as they have a early bird menu. Of course the cab ride to and from the brass monkey is the best thing that you can do to see the best we have to offer. Enjoy the view as after midnight things change . Grad you had a good time at the pig roast carett2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom