After Labor Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt. Joe

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Wittholz 40 Passage
With Labour Day gone, the quiet times are upon us in Ontario Canada. Soon all the boaters will be gone, boats hauled and the marina, the bay is all ours.
We are the only liveaboards N of Toronto and we are totally self sufficient, although we do take hydro power from the landside infrastructure.
Our 5th year up here on the Trent Severn Waterway near Lock 32 Bobcaygeon, and 2 more to go before we head to the Rideau Waterway and then out the St. Lawrence Seaway to the Maritimes.
Aboard the same Wittholz Passage 40 since 1982, full time year round in all kinds of climate......
Webcam onboard 24/7 @ www.cruisingdog.com

Attachments

• DSCF1791.jpg
    DSCF1791.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 188
  • Nassau Harbour 1991.jpg
    Nassau Harbour 1991.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Twin Towers 1998.jpg
    Twin Towers 1998.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 206
After two decades in the south, we just love the change of seasons now...... :)

After two decades in the south, we just love the change of seasons now...... :)

Yup. That's shy we love Maine. The seasons. Winter and July 4th. Oops, forgot Blackfly and Mud seasons.

Interesting, skyline in the bottom picture, 1998, who would have imagined what was coming!

Here on the upper Mississippi it really slows down at the marina and launch ramps. To me it is actually the best part of the boating season to be out, the river level doesn't vary much, the current is slower and the scenery is terrific. I winterized on January 10 last year.

Winterized? Whazzat? The best part of the season starts now down here. :)

Kevin

Yup....we're winding down on cruising season here in NorCal. Only a month or two left before we start FISHING SEASON!!! By the time I've had my share of fishing in March or April, it's time to restart the cruising season!

Damn! I hardly have time to work on my boat anymore!!

Next stop: Petaluma!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom