View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #59
Seevee
Guru

City: st pete
Vessel Model: 430 Mainship
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Yes, but I shouldn't have to insure against those with no liability and shouldn't have to pay more because they don't pay their share. Look at what uninsured motorists have done to your auto insurance, if you have it.

I've never had an accident that was my fault. Lucky in that respect. However, I've been glad to have my insurer insisting on their insurer paying what they should. And, I have had several claims where my car was parked and run into resulting in significant damage, all when I was under 21 years old, all hit and run, although two of the four were subsequently caught.
BandB,

We have a different view on protection, but that's fine. I'm betting that I'm not going to need insurance. If I'm found negligent and hurt someone else, I'll write the check, but I'm sure you know there's tons of folks out there that can't and won't protect you for their negligence. That's life. I choose to live a life where my risk is really low.

There are people that choose high risk lives and end up in a scrape many times, accidents, fights, trouble with the law, etc., etc. And there are others that choose low risk lives, and have a change of getting thru life without an issues with a 99.99% chance, and that's the group I choose to be in. So far, batting 100 and betting on it staying that way.

Most people are WAY over insured.