Dinghy Ladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wataworld

Vessel Name
Wataworld
Vessel Make
Defever 44+5
I am looking for recommendations for a ladder for the dinghy (hard bottom inflatable) one that you have or have used before preferable a three step that can hold some weight? Also if you have any special mounting idea's?
Gregg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for recommendations for a ladder for the dinghy (hard bottom inflatable) one that you have or have used before preferable a three step that can hold some weight? Also if you have any special mounting idea's?
Gregg

Is the dinghy a center console style or traditional?

I was going to buy one of these, but it seems the company is either out of business or very slow to respond to inquiries. The website is functional, though.
Dinghy Ladders | Up-N-Out

Thank you for responding it is a traditional style I have a couple of idea's but somebody who has working experience would be terrific!

Subscribed

Climbing up over the stern is usually difficult as folks stick obstructions like engines there.

You could climb up on the centerline by mounting the ladder to fold down from the bow

Hi FF
I assume you have some experience with getting on the dinghy! Could you share about what brand ladder? How you have it mounted? How many steps? How well it is working?
Thanks for your suggestions!
Gregg

Sea Dog Emergency Ladder, comes in 3, 4 and 5 step versions. Have had one for years and use it when we go diving.

Gregg

Wifey B: What is the dinghy? Sometimes the manufacturers have recommendations.

Thanks for the responces! Wifey B it is a standard dinghy Caribe 11' with a 15 hp motor not center council Labomba and Bay Pelican good suggestions. BP do they stay straight or curve under the boat? How did you mount it? Muttskie i will try them tomorrow!
Gregg

Thanks for the responces! Wifey B it is a standard dinghy Caribe 11' with a 15 hp motor not center council Labomba and Bay Pelican good suggestions. BP do they stay straight or curve under the boat? How did you mount it? Muttskie i will try them tomorrow!
Gregg

The Seadog ladder curves under the boat but we have not had a problem boarding.

It comes up with a single place line which is tied to the inside of the boat and then draped over one of the tubes.

My favorite is the St. Croix folding ladder. Great for heavier folks.

ladder.jpg

451115_2.jpg

My Caribe 12 has a Caribe ladder. clips to the SS loop on the top of the tube. Only 1 step in the water, stows well. I used it once, to see if it works. It does, but in the time it takes to deploy it, I can turn off the engine and climb up over the back, using the planing plate and the transom as steps, two or three times faster, and feel more secure doing it.

My Caribe 12 has a Caribe ladder. clips to the SS loop on the top of the tube. Only 1 step in the water, stows well. I used it once, to see if it works. It does, but in the time it takes to deploy it, I can turn off the engine and climb up over the back, using the planing plate and the transom as steps, two or three times faster, and feel more secure doing it.

Only problem with climbing the motor is the risk of cuts if your feet are soft from being in the water.

"I assume you have some experience with getting on the dinghy!"

Sure but I use a Grumman Aluminum sailing dink , most times with oars.

WE like exploring and a condom boat is far too tender.

Simply was a suggestion , but if properly mounted on the bow , you might also be able to use it to climb UP to a big dock or boat with high freeboard.

I am thinking something like this mounted on the transom Dive N Dog Extending 4 Step Ladder | eBay Replace the bolt with a pull pin although the St Croix looks great but the price is excesive! I really appreciate all the input. This forum is awesome
Gregg

Here's what we have. It goes into a slot on the transom. IMG_1477688488.063269.jpg

Here's what we have. It goes into a slot on the transom. View attachment 58012

I had one of these on my Aquasport 24, it is called a dive ladder by the manufacturer and it works great, but IMHO it is pretty bulky for a dingy since it doesn't fold up or collapse. Just sayin, great ladder though

Do you have an pics of the mount?

Up-N-Out is now made someplace in Europe but they don't make the dink version.

Do you have an pics of the mount?

Don't have one, but you can see the padeye the chain is attached to in the attached picture. The ladder comes with a clip attached. We just clip it to this padeye and hang it over the side. I was skeptical at first, but it works great.

Attachments

• dinghypadeye.jpg
    dinghypadeye.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 76

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom