Looking for pics of an ABYC compliant Propane vent on tri cabin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greatlaker221

Vessel Name
Tortuga
Vessel Make
Hershine 37
This is not a request for a discussion about ABYC, I am refitting the propane system on a tri cabin trawler and would like ideas on installation. My goal is to pass a survey and follow AYBC standards.

The original set up was in the fly bridge console. Just a tank, regulator and copper line to the galley on the port side. I want to put a Trident propane locker containing all equipment needed except for the line to the stove in the flybridge console close as possible to the opening and replace the copper with a flexible line. I would install a remote shutoff system also. This should take care of all the ABYC standards except for the vent.

Has anyone actually plumbed a vent hose below the sheer line from the flybridge? if so please post pics. Alternate ideas are welcome. I have no desire to argue regulatory issues, I just need to get my stove working for the admiral and get insurance, Thanks

I am not sure if ABYC standards require it, but most surveyors will write up a propane system than doesn't have a gauge at the tank. See this Trident assembly: Trident Marine LPG Propane Gas Regulator

The gauge is to test the pressure leak down of the system with the tank valve shut off.

Then downstream of the regulator, install this solenoid: Trident Marine LPG Propane Gas Low Pressure Brass Solenoid Valve Kit

Then run continuous hose from the solenoid to your stove. You can get the hose made up at a local LPG supplier for 1/3 of marine costs.

David

I will be doing the same thing on my 34 MTDC and i am thinking of a vent pipe out the side og the bridge enclosure wirn a clam over it to keep the water out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom