Japanese Circuit Breaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DHeckrotte

Guru
Vessel Name
Revel
Vessel Make
1984 Fu Hwa 39
We've got our original 12v / 120v panel. It's, I think, a Fujita panel made in Japan. We've got two 'spare', blanked-off positions for two more breakers.

I'd like to find matching breakers in various sizes; the new toilet wants a 30 amp.

(Gotta' get rid of those Dymo labels, too!) (Wouldn't it be nice to be able to rotate a pic?)

Attachments

• IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 59
Here you go......got tired of laying down..:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 69
do they turn off left to right,instead of right to left? haha ,just kiddin

Just called a distributor that I know that deals with hard to find electrical items,and no luck.They never heard of them.I did google Fujita,and it appears they have moved on from that kind of manuf.,if it is the same company.I think your best option is to install a small sub-panel(if you have the room)if you simply need a small amount of additional circuit breakers,or to convert over the entire panel to something newer.Hope this helps,sorry I couldn't find them.

The panel may of been made by Fujita but the breakers, I bet, are a standard size. Take one out and compare it to any of the ones I mentioned in my previous post. I've replaced ~40 on Hobo (AC and DC) plus on a couple other boats and have always been able to find direct replacements.

Perhaps a marine salvage reseller.I have seen posts here concerning this.I believe there is a pretty large one in texas,and florida.Maybe someone else can help you with contact info.Worth a shot.

The Blue Sea "A" Series breakers appear to have a circular 'poke-through' containing the toggle while mine are rectangular. The Blue Sea "C" Series breakers appear to have a rectangular 'poke-through' and the poke-through is the full height of the breaker. The Blue Sea panels expect you to stack the breakers together with a single cut out for a bunch of 'em. My panel has gaps between breaker poke-throughs, thus maybe gaps between the breakers themselves.

More grovelling and more research required!

Last edited:
when you say stack together,do you mean to create a multipole breaker,cause that is no longer legal.

There are 1 or 2 Blue Sea or equivalent breakers in the picture. Is this what you mean?

Attachments

• breaker.jpg
    breaker.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 53
Sorry ,misread your post.Didnt notice you were referring to the panels,not the circuit breakers.

Larry, I'll have to grovel and look again at the back of the panel. If the breakers are spaced as those in your picture are, then it's possible that the Blue Seas "C" Series or the Eaton breakers that you suggested may be fine.

Breakers in my home are mounted stacked together so that the poke-throughs are in a continuous slot. This enables adjacent 110v, single pole breakers to be swapped out for a 220v, two pole breaker. Of course, 220v breakers are often two-110v breakers joined at the switch so that both legs trip even if only one leg has a fault.

New Blue Sea panels appear to mount their breakers stacked together, too. I can't think of any reason on a 12v panel for the adjacent breakers to be joined at the switch the way that 220v breakers often are.

your middle paragraph was what I meant previousely,that is now illegal.

I think you're going to have to remove one of the breakers and see what it says on it. Posting better photos would help us identify it as well. What is the center to center distance between the mounting screws?

Back
Top Bottom