Old 09-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #18
O C Diver
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: Oh, yes...a return to the good old days. I can't live in the past like you because I wasn't born in 1970, much less 1920. Are you really ready to give up all your modern conveniences, starting with computer? Then guess we won't be seeing you here anymore. Why not give up electricity in your home? Or your home and live in a tent? Get your water out of the stream. It doesn't matter that it's downstream from where the cows dumped.

Having a fresh water tank or rain catcher or whatever doesn't simplify diddly squat. Watermaker is simpler to me. I don't have to worry about whether we're going to have rain or about the bird that just flew over and pooped. We don't have endless dead battery problems. Don't have any. We keep them charged and check on them and replace when the time comes.

Propane range and reefer? You been smoking reefer? So, have you dropped the electricity in your home yet? If you so believe in what you're preaching, seems only logical you would.

This life that I enjoy must seem so dauntingly complicated and horrible to you, but, no thanks, I'm not giving it up and have no desire to play pioneer woman and live primitively.

Now, I'm fine with you living however you want but for some reason you don't seem fine with the rest of us living like we choose. Or boating. Because the fact is you're only talking about boating as you're not living like you preach. And you're not living on your boat. So your commitment to the program you preach really isn't very strong at all, now is it?
Really? You may not have noticed, but the majority of cruising boats including sailboats, more resembles FF's description than yours. Not everybody can afford a 6, 7 or 8 figure boat to go cruising on. Most can't afford 3 or 4 figure dockage every night. Should they stay home till they can, or travel on a more modest boat? Are you any better than FF for telling people there is something wrong with them for not traveling at your comfort level? Just out of curiosity, is your idea of "ruffing it" going into a town without a 5 star marina ?

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote