View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #17
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
I think that no matter where you land in the cost spectrum when you buy a boat, owning and maintaining one is time consuming, expensive, or both. You have to get some enjoyment out of the work, have no problem writing a lot of big checks, and get a lot of enjoyment out of the boat for it all to make sense.
I think as enthusiastic boaters we sometimes dismiss the possibility that boating isn't for everyone. Maybe one can't pull the trigger on a new boat, simply because no boat purchase is right for them at this time in their life. I can't imagine that but every day there are many people who give up boating. Either they couldn't find the time to boat, didn't want to keep spending the money, or just lost interest and were ready to move on. There is nothing wrong with that. We have several here who have gone from cruising on the water to land cruising. I can't imagine doing that, but 30 years from now who knows what I'll do.

When boating just isn't worth the price in dollars, time or hassle, then it's time to move on.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote