View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #15
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
LESS IS MORE!

If you look at the level of comfort common from 1920- 1970 and can accept that you will find lots of boats suitable for travel or as vacation homes.

Good ventilation requires hatches , opening windows and sun shades.

Simply installing 3 air cond and 2 noisemakers to run them only means never having fresh air and a huge maint task and fuel bill and noise .

YES! Putting up the sun shades takes more work than setting a thermostat , but at least its quiet in the cool.

Having a FW tank , instead of a water maker simplifys life and power demands.

A propane range and reefer end the endless dead battery problems.

Simple can be done , and many times it is far superior to "modern" in terms of lifestyle on board.
Wifey B: Oh, yes...a return to the good old days. I can't live in the past like you because I wasn't born in 1970, much less 1920. Are you really ready to give up all your modern conveniences, starting with computer? Then guess we won't be seeing you here anymore. Why not give up electricity in your home? Or your home and live in a tent? Get your water out of the stream. It doesn't matter that it's downstream from where the cows dumped.

Having a fresh water tank or rain catcher or whatever doesn't simplify diddly squat. Watermaker is simpler to me. I don't have to worry about whether we're going to have rain or about the bird that just flew over and pooped. We don't have endless dead battery problems. Don't have any. We keep them charged and check on them and replace when the time comes.

Propane range and reefer? You been smoking reefer? So, have you dropped the electricity in your home yet? If you so believe in what you're preaching, seems only logical you would.

This life that I enjoy must seem so dauntingly complicated and horrible to you, but, no thanks, I'm not giving it up and have no desire to play pioneer woman and live primitively.

Now, I'm fine with you living however you want but for some reason you don't seem fine with the rest of us living like we choose. Or boating. Because the fact is you're only talking about boating as you're not living like you preach. And you're not living on your boat. So your commitment to the program you preach really isn't very strong at all, now is it?
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote