Lift out 1982 ms 34 t

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Summer is rapidly drawing to a close. Spent the summer working (labour of love) on the new-to-me boat, "ESPERANZA".Removed both fuel tanks (one leaking and the other as a precaution), removed one burnt up generator control panel, and rewired for shore power, etc etc. This labour day weekend we finally got out for a cruise for a few hours. A notice from the "Harbour Master" indicating that "cradle day" is on the 17 Sept with the first lift-out the following weekend tells me that I have to get ready to put ESPERANZA on the hard.
My question is, how many places should you support the keel and what size timbers do you use. I was thinking about using 6x6's each approx 2 ft long. at each supporting place run two parallel to the keel and one across at right angles to rest the keel on. This would keep the keel approx. 1 foot off the ground. I have four "jack stands" (32" min height + 12" screw) to support (balance) the boat.
Oh yes, where are the "sling" points on the hull. We use a commercial crane to lift out our boats.
Thanks

Your plan sounds fine to me. When I had a 34 Mainship they used all 6x6s for support and made supports using 6x6 timbers instead of stands.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom