A FUN boat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
34' CHB
The Olderthanus

Would love to have something like this for a fun boat to blast around in when not feeling up to a full blown cruise. Love these little CC"s like this one. There is one for sale locally but its a basket case that has been out in the rain uncovered, on a trailer for 5 years. Its a giveaway price but I fear it would take many thousands just to get it floatable. I had a 26 footer similar to this years ago and did a little cruising on it. Chris built good boats.

Greetings,
Mr. 78. Been there, done that with a 1950 CC. Multiply your "many thousands" 15 or 20 times and go for it. Oh, then triple that amount...

Thanks RT, I really like that style of smaller boat. The basket case is off the list completely, no way would I get into that, but a boat that floats and is save able would be fun.

If you're talking CC, be aware that the boat can be free and you won't like the costs associated with it.

We had a 1964 28'. Sea Skiff, twin Chevys, lap strake. A great boat! And then we had delamination in the deck. The service guy says $25000 to make it right. Then our $15000 boat would be worth $17000!
Sold it to a dreamer with the means to fix it. 10 years later, it is still in process.

Well aware of the pitfalls of wood boats, owned a few and worked on them for nearly 30 years. CC boats are good, simple, fairly easy to repair boats. Now the one I mention in the OP is not realistic at all after 5 years out in Hood Canal rains! There are of course other options. A similar boat in size and style is a Uniflite Salty Pup. Pretty neat looking little boat.

I understand the appeal of a boat like that. My Dad built a very similar boat in the 1950's.

I had a 23' Chris Craft in the early seventies. It was lap strake plywood.

I keep an eye on a 1968 36' Chris Craft for a friend of mine. His Dad bought it new. It's fiberglass and has been kept under cover its whole life. Nice comfortable boat.

Back
Top Bottom