Lehman 120 Raw water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it's about $1.40 a litre, which is about $5.60 a US gallon, approx.

John P and Daddyo,

You were right.* There was not much to installing the new water pump.* The only complication was rerouting the raw water supply line just a bit, requiring a new threaded fitting with a barb.

Pictures below...

1. Old pump

2. Wear on the shaft of the pump

3. Pump removed

4. New pump

5. New pump installed

Thanks for the encouragement!

Attachments

• original pump 2.jpg
    original pump 2.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 463
  • pump removed showing wear.jpg
    pump removed showing wear.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 135
  • dscn0611.jpg
    dscn0611.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 165
  • dscn0612.jpg
    dscn0612.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 318
  • dscn0613.jpg
    dscn0613.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 367
Good Job,* How much was the new Pump$.* If you still have the original drive, you can list it in the classified section.* Someone might want it as a spare.*Folks still with the Jabsco can lose cooling at any time if the drive fails. A spare drive can get a single engine boater back to their homeport for repairs.

JohnP

JohnP,

The total cost was about $500.* Pump supplied by American Deisel along with some great guidance.* They are the best!

Wannabe

Wannabe wrote:
JohnP,

The total cost was about $500.* Pump supplied by American Deisel along with some great guidance.* They are the best!

Wannabe
********* Wannabe,* Thats not bad, Your right about Amerian Diesel.* JohnP

Wannabe

Looking at your photos of the new pump installed -

One thing I dont care for is a hose connection in which the hose HANGS from the hose barb fitting. Rather, I like to see an 90 deg elbow then the hose barb so the hose comes on horizontally instead of vertically.

In this way, the hose is not pulling itself off by gravity.

I know its a nit pick. But if your clamps ever get loose, the vertical installation has a higher possibility of catostrophic failure than a loose clamp on an elbow installation.

R.

Don't agree about adding another 90degree elbow into the system.

But,* I probably would have painted the whole thing red before installing.

Nit pick 2************ JohnP

Nice job with the replacement.* I had the same problem, and also replaced with the new unit, as supplied by American Diesel.* Easy install.* And.....I've yet to paint mine red.

American Diesel has a number of recomnened easy changes to improve cooling and oil pressure. Give Brian a call to discuss.

So, how would a hose clamp become loose? Perhaps you have some insight that might help those who have no choice about the orientation of their elbows.
Wannabe

Looking at your photos of the new pump installed -

One thing I dont care for is a hose connection in which the hose HANGS from the hose barb fitting. Rather, I like to see an 90 deg elbow then the hose barb so the hose comes on horizontally instead of vertically.

In this way, the hose is not pulling itself off by gravity.

I know its a nit pick. But if your clamps ever get loose, the vertical installation has a higher possibility of catostrophic failure than a loose clamp on an elbow installation.

R.

This is a 10 year old thread folks....... This may be a record.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom