Holiday Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We enjoyed Snow Hill, but have a deadline to be in Annapolis early Monday morning. With this weather potential we cut that stay short to get up the Bay before the North wind kicks in. The weather might not arrive, but we I can't take that chance on this one. We cruise full time so we can go back later in the season.

Smart move. Bay can get nasty when the waves build and are close together. Hoping to head back up the Pocomoke in September after the summer heat is gone.

Ted

No, well maybe but those were suppose to be some smiley faces that did not come thru except as questions. Some sort of autocorrect fail!

Planning to spend our very first night on the hook on this weekend! Got her almost two months ago, but it's been too hot here on the Chesapeake Bay. We are excited!,,,

Planning to spend our very first night on the hook on this weekend! Got her almost two months ago, but it's been too hot here on the Chesapeake Bay. We are excited!,,,

Watch the weather Saturday night. Could be rather windy Prepare fr North east. From Ophelia VA, Smith Creek or St Mary's River could offer good protection.

Yep. Hermine forecast has just taken a turn to a more westerly direction and is going to run up the Eastern states after cutting across the panhandle and Georgia, rather than across northern Florida and out to sea.

Mike's Weather Page... powered by Sparks Energy!

I'll be tucking into Montezuma Slough for a little relaxation and maybe even a little fishing. Most of the boat traffic will be on the SF Bay to the west and well east of me in the CA Delta. Monte Sl is more of a fishing destination that has tremendous wind protection, beautiful scenery and nature and a soft but solid anchoring bottom. Most cruisers don't even know about Montezuma Slough and it's a bit early for the sturgeon fishing, so I'll likely have the place to myself.

The forecast: Bluebird skies, High mid-80's, Low high 50's, Wind 5-8 Kts.

WooHoo!!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...71045c96d1cd9!8m2!3d38.1295711!4d-121.9615498

Last edited:
I'm going to be bringing some rocks to Grand Haven, MI. I assume it will be a circus of fiberglass flotsam. I'm looking forward to it.

We are out to the San Juans starting on Monday for the week. Then we look for a nice weather window to head south to Portland where Pairadice will spend the winter.
Day 156 with almost another 30 to go, the Admiral is ready to get home.....Me, I'm ready to turn around and head North again. Guess I'll have to wait till next April for that.

Cheers all, have a great weekend!

We head up to the San Juan's on Monday too but won't get there till Tuesday evening. Then we head to Garrison Bay Wednesday and bump around the islands for a week or so.

Wifey B: We'd made indoor plans thinking it would be raining all the time. Wrong. Now we're switching the plans to the patio and boats. :)

Looks like a little puttering around in the northern Chesapeake Friday evening - the storm track changed from early this morning. Original forecast a few days ago looked nice...

Running a track day double-header over the holiday, then take some east coasties for a day cruise. Hoping to scoot over to Port Townsend for some of the Wood Boat Fest end of the week.

We are out to the San Juans starting on Monday for the week. Then we look for a nice weather window to head south to Portland where Pairadice will spend the winter.
Day 156 with almost another 30 to go, the Admiral is ready to get home.....Me, I'm ready to turn around and head North again. Guess I'll have to wait till next April for that.

Cheers all, have a great weekend!

We all have our cross to bear. :D

You're living the dream, Chief! Cheers to you and your crew!

We all have our cross to bear. :D

You're living the dream, Chief! Cheers to you and your crew!

Thanks Al!

When we get back to Portland, I'll try and do a lessons learned/ overview of our trip and the TF members we met up with.

Hope to see a few of you this next week, AIS will be on and if you see us, give us a call on 16.

Cheers

Hermine changed our plans as well. Looks like possibly a day trip Saturday, then we'll have to plan a marina party for Sunday and Monday.

Myself and one other boat were to leave Saturday morning from Hampton, VA for the Albemarle Loop via the Dismal Swamp Canal taking a week for the trip. It looks like we won't be leaving until Monday. Regardless of the delay it should be a good trip and the cost of marinas is perfect - $0.00 - all are free. We'll use the savings up in eating ashore every night, but that is only fair and besides it gives the cook a break.

Paul

Wifey B: Ah, what a beautiful day in the neighborhood. 87 degrees, going to 90 degrees, sunny, lots of suntan lotion. Seas 2' at 5 seconds, breezes 5 to 10 knots. Just nine of us in two boats went from Fort Lauderdale to West Palm for lunch. Enjoying the water and speed as we cruise at 35 knots or so. We're having a blast just playing around. Tomorrow a huge patio and pool cookout. Current count is 34 people. We've been away a while so the whole extended family shows up. :popcorn:

Skyped with my niece, Aurora. Well, plus her parents and grandparents, but she's the star. She just turned two. I sent her some new outfits for her birthday and she modeled them. Designer of course as I'm sooooooooooooooooo bad. And some toys. They had 8" of rain in Myrtle Beach. Holiday weekend and telling tourists not to use the beach sucks. We've been skyping with her since she was two weeks old and had no idea what was going on but now she knows and loves it. Such a great way to stay close to family. I do hope you grandparent types use web cams to stay in touch with the grandkids. I would have been miserable living so far from Aurora and not being able to see her all the time. :dance:

Have to be serious one moment. I do hope all those of you in hurricane and tropical storm areas are safe and well. I realize the ones posting are and wonder if we're missing any members who have been hit hard. I'm glad so far the storm isn't accompanied by loss of life and hope it stays that way. Piers and docks and windows can be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom