Plenum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiDHo

Guru
I just discovered a space built into the Manatee for running a/c heat ducts or wires, etc. I found it while disconnecting a a/c flex duct in the stateroom. See the photo, it is above the duct outlet and runs from side to side, probable 16" x 24" area. Good to know if your re-wiring, running flex-ducts, etc. If you open the hanging locker and reach up you can see the height of the plenum area.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 90
Good to know.

Interesting. Our a/c vent is on the wall roughly where your towel hook is. Not on the ceiling.

River Rat, a PO had a vent on the forward upper bulkhead of the port side hanging locker. I'm pretty sure it was routed thru the plenum and then across the top of the locker. We have a split system a/c & h unit with the evaporater and blower under the steering console and the plenum was used to duct air to the fwd and aft areas of the boat. One large outlet above the stateroom door and the other in the photo in the stateroom.
I disconnected the vent in the photo to use to heat and cool the pilothouse because we added another package unit to heat and cool the stateroom, it's installed in the pantry locker just aft of the vanity.
Another thing I found when disconnecting the stateroom overhead vent was that the overhead is cored with rigid foam insulation about 1" thick. Krogen Quality !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom