Boat Renaming Ceremony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thekuz

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gail Marie
Vessel Make
Transpacific Eagle 40
Hi All,
Last week I renamed my boat. I took all precautions..no previous name on the boat, no new name revealed, covered until the end of the ceremony. I had the new name applied when on the hard. Friends and family were invited to witness. As well, good champagne ended up in the salt chuck for Poseidon and the brothers of the four winds. A silver coin was tossed. Oh, we even left our phones off the boat until finished. Yes it was a good excuse for a dock party! I have attached some photos of the event for your enjoyment.

Attachments

• GM 1.jpg
    GM 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 96
  • GM 2.jpg
    GM 2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 81
  • GM 3.jpg
    GM 3.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 91
  • GM 4.jpg
    GM 4.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 82
This Shellback feels like King Neptune approves of your ceremony and Fair Winds and Following Seas will be your reward.

Any reason to party is fine with Neptune and me! Good luck! Now go and cruise!

Please tell us that you DID have a virgin pee in your bilge, right? If not, it was all for naught.

No worries...you look like a fun group. Probably wouldn't mind having to do it over again.

Please tell us that you DID have a virgin pee in your bilge, right? If not, it was all for naught.

No worries...you look like a fun group. Probably wouldn't mind having to do it over again.

And rememeber... No bananas, women, gingers, whistling, flat footed people, or personal grooming aboard.

Jeeezzz, I'm screwed! 5 out of 6 in just the last week!

A friend of mine had a fishing boat with no name and he had a lot of luck with the boat and catching fish. About 2 months ago he named it. Slapped the name on and rolled. Then the trouble showed up! I asked him if he had christen the boat and he looked at me like I had 2 heads. I explained everything to him and he did it. Right after that, the fishing picked back up and the boat has been running well again!

Nicely done!

of course!

Oh My,
I didn't name Willy properly and my engine quit.

I am just trying to avoid toilet plugging!!

I close on my new to me boat tonight. I just decided NOT to rename her.

Our boat's blessing has kept us out of serious trouble so far. Only serious failure was the propeller shaft falling apart as we were half-way into home berth.

I guess I am not the only crazy one

Boat blessing? That's party time!

I cant believe you lot don't take this a lot more serious all the other silly things you talk about for pages on the forum and you think renaming a boat is simple and un necessary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom