View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #10
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Two weeks ago I was anchored in a cove with fellow TFers Vern Vierra and Bob Mills. We had the place to ourselves until a 20-ish ft sailboat anchored 50 ft off my stern, then another boat and PWC rafted up to him. I mentioned I should play my stereo and Bob suggested polka music. I found the Andrews Sisters version of the Beer Polka (Roll Out the Barrels) which seemed very appropriate!!

I played that song on repeat from all speakers for their listening pleasure. I went over to Vern's boat and took his dog for a walk ashore about 1/4 mile away. I had to chuckle as I was walking the dog when I could hear the polka playing in the distance!!

When I returned to the boat, I noticed my stereo was silent, but there was another version of the same song playing from the raftup! My stereo had turned itself off (it does that sometimes...) and the raftup boats played the song as I entered the cove! Very funny! We later laughed together about the music battle!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote