What's your next, immediate voyage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Admiral wants to stop at Fonda. As Henry Fonda was born there. So on our way back, we will let you know what are our plans. We always like the opportunity to meet people!

Kindest regards, Lise and Normand

Not really a voyage, but this afternoon we're taking out my dentist and his wife all all of their staff which consists mainly of 20-something girls. We'll cruise up the Columbia for a few miles, anchor so they can swim for awhile and serve them a buffet style dinner. We start at 4:00 and they want to be done by around 8:00-8:30.

The Admiral wants to stop at Fonda. As Henry Fonda was born there. So on our way back, we will let you know what are our plans. We always like the opportunity to meet people!

Kindest regards, Lise and Normand

Wifey B: Don't tell her but Henry Fonda was born in Nebraska.....:eek:

His ancestors did establish the town of Fonda.

Not really a voyage, but this afternoon we're taking out my dentist and his wife all all of their staff which consists mainly of 20-something girls. We'll cruise up the Columbia for a few miles, anchor so they can swim for awhile and serve them a buffet style dinner. We start at 4:00 and they want to be done by around 8:00-8:30.

Wifey B: I can't say where we are because we cruised in yesterday and enjoying it even though there was such outrage on TF that we'd actually want to go to such a pathetic, dismal, gross, ugly, bad place. :D

Well...didn't go into Foch (fosh) Lagoon this weekend as there are 30 knot winds forecasted for tomorrow so we decided discretion is the better part of valour and we'll try some other weekend, especially since my Mother-in-law and a 7 month old baby were coming along.

Also, the lower photo in post #203 was a 9 foot tide and tomorrows will be a 16 foot tide. Much more mayhem would ensue, delaying slack at the narrow entrance, forcing us out of the lagoon when the tide is running against those 30 knot winds.

Oh well. Went for a short jaunt today to Gobiel Bay and hiked a ways up the little creek there. Lots of pink salmon milling about waiting for high tide to get into the creek.

Foch can wait.

We are enjoying Seneca Falls, NY et on our way to Clyde, NY with met Capt Mike and his Engineer Mike on the URGER tug.

Last edited:
I like it! You must know them of old. Your boat seemed completely unbothered by the wake.
At the risk of controversy, what kind of anchor is that on the bow?

Also not a grand voyage but we are heading home this afternoon after a couple of nights out, probably the last overnight weekend before we put "MATHILDA" on the dry for winter.

ForumRunner_20160821_124313.jpg

ForumRunner_20160821_124302.jpg

Anchors

I like it! You must know them of old. Your boat seemed completely unbothered by the wake.
At the risk of controversy, what kind of anchor is that on the bow?

Hello BruceK! Port is a 25kg ROCNA AND Starboard 20kg BRUCE Kind regards!

A couple of club outings in the SF Bay Delta then off on the big one--helping a friend get his 44' trawler from SF Bay to Whidby Island, WA. Four on the delivery crew, planning a leisurely 13 day trip (many stopovers.) I plan to do some writing along the way and will see about some kind of log to post on TF.

Ted, have you left on your trip up the coast?

We decided to Cruise Lake Onondaga all the way to Syracuse Inner Harbor .

Docks are modern with free electricity (water was not operational at this time)

Even they are making extreme efforts to remove the weeds and algea in the channel. We got stuck in the middle of the channel with 6.5 depth our full keel draft is 3.6 feet and we were stuck.

We called TowBoat US and they do not have any service tow provider. They would send a Towboat on a trailer having 65 miles to get to our location... My wife and I managed to push the bow on each side then favour the north side of the channel.

Following the advice to the local Sherriff officers we favourded the 11 feet and 13 feet markers. We made it to the docks.

Then we walked to the beautiful trendy Aloft Hotel which is opened since the 12th of July 2016.

Wow what a pleasant surprise. We were greeted by Jessica at the reception.

Jessica was quite hospitable as shed provided us documentation and complimentary Wifi Access code and all the appropriate information for visiting Syracuse and the Destiny USA mega Shopping Center with bus shuttle to the FAIR.

From the moment we walked in we found everyone working at the Hotel to be fantastic. Great rooms, Bar, Pool, Training and Conference facilities. This is the place to come and visit Syracure by boat and/or by car.

Then we met Robin who offered us to visit and tour the Hotel facilities. Robin mentionned that they welcome Trawler forum
boaters.

There will be a second Hotel that will be operated by REAL Hospitatilty Group that will offer full Restaurant facilities.

We enjoyed great moments visiting the Hôtel facilities and meeting Robin, Jessica and Tatianna who are charming and professional in providing to their Trawler Forum boating clients quality service !ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472617194.862915.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472617230.684242.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472617261.602276.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472617283.524043.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472617321.228607.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472617347.165968.jpg

Last edited:
We decided to Cruise Lake Onondaga all the way to Syracuse Inner Harbor .

Docks are modern with free electricity (water was not operational at this time)

Even they are making extreme efforts to remove the weeds and algea in the channel. We got stuck in the middle of the channel with 6.5 depth our full keel draft is 3.6 feet and we were stuck.

I was in there early last week and was dragging through the mud in my Mainship 34 in the middle of the entrance. Agree the hotel is nice but not much else going on around there.

Eric- By 'Willie'? Thought you had Willie on the hard

Al

Al,
On the hard we did a week of hard labor and am resting today.

Did cap rail, bottom and prop.

Bought that "MP" prop from Tacoma Propeller about 5 years ago when we were living in Alaska and ordered it changed from 14" pitch to 13" before shipment. Been running for about 5 years disappointed in the performance. Took it to Tom Ashbrook (my prop man in LaConner) and he checked the pitch ... it was 14! All these years I've been assuming it was changed to 13 as ordered. Hope I get the same change in performance that I got when I dropped an inch of pitch on the original prop.

PS it's "Willy" w a Y.
Oh and I went back to ArmorAll on the prop as we had barnacles on the Barnacle Buster coating. To be fair though we did little running time.

Attachments

• DSCF2265 copy.jpg
    DSCF2265 copy.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF2281 copy.jpg
    DSCF2281 copy.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF2274 copy.jpg
    DSCF2274 copy.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
We have gone twice to Destiny USA and enjoying the ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472675005.025530.jpgFabulous NY FAIR . We Will visit downtown buiîdings for architecture...We have friends drivons from Québec coming to visit Syracuse canal muséum.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472674833.550563.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472674874.107059.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472674895.989932.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472674950.466117.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472674979.239698.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472674979.239698.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472674979.239698.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 198
I hope you got some Byrne Dairy chocolate milk!

Yes We did Dave!

I drank 3 glasses of milk and 2 glasses of chocolate milk as they are growth-hormone-free!

Wow! I learned that this company was founded during the Great Depression in 1933.

They were delivering milk bottles to New Yorkers by horse-wagons.

Last edited:
We had the visit of a nice tall gentlemen watching me repairing Lise bicycle rear flat tire.

He introduced himself as Steven. He wanted to know if we had problems getting in the inner harbour.

Lise explained that we got caught in weeds. He mentionned that he will get the issue resolved by having the harbour dredged.

He introducted us to Micheal the Aloft Hotel manager. Steven and Micheal welcomed Lise and I inviting us to stay as long as we want and enjoy the site.

Steven mentionned he was the President of COR Development and gave us his card . He said not to hesitate to contact him if we had any problem or issues during our stay.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472753129.806189.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472753151.492137.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472753178.979070.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472753189.614218.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472753203.318500.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472753216.219935.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472753233.239861.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472753246.276182.jpgHe was proud to tell us that Syracuse inner harbour was chosen for the 2017 international canal convention and that he is very proud of his ongoing projects

http://www.canals.ny.gov/news/pressrel/2015/2015-04-22-world-canals-conference.html

http://corcompanies.com/about/cor-team/

http://www.syracuse.com/business-ne...t_hotel_opens_at_syracuse_inner_harbor_1.html

Not yet as we just did a dry run with our bikes... We definitely will go visit the Erie Canal Museum

We took a day and drove from Brewerton to Syracuse for sightseeing, but out primary purpose was to see the museum. We just felt in cruising the Erie, we had to. The building and the history were interesting although not a huge or spectacular museum. Still, the only weighlock building still left in the US. Just the concept of driving a load through and getting it weighed was interesting to us. We're easily amused by seeing history.

I've lived less than 30 miles away from Syracuse my whole life. My sister and several of my friends live there. You now know more about the place than I do... lol. The only thing left I can recommend is to grab some dinner at Dinosaur Barbecue. It's a local institution.

I've lived less than 30 miles away from Syracuse my whole life. My sister and several of my friends live there. You now know more about the place than I do... lol. The only thing left I can recommend is to grab some dinner at Dinosaur Barbecue. It's a local institution.

We all tend to do that. We still haven't gone to all the tourist attractions of South Florida. When living in NC, we thought of the mountains and coast as places people vacationed and it shocked us that some actually came to our area to sight see. We finally looked at all the things we'd not seen together and decided to do one a month.

We did our groceries at Aldi then wash the boat. Went to DBQ on foot and had a great Time!ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866250.025948.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866264.142933.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866285.311297.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866322.433241.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866370.240029.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866410.898073.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866445.383144.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866472.203703.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866482.354611.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1472866500.090864.jpg

Back
Top Bottom