Small 2nd Dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigpoppop

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Long Time Dead
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 55
Hello everyone- we have a 50hp Yamaha powered Nautica dinghy but would like a much smaller (maybe electric?) dinghy for certain missions to shore- anyone ever seen a great small dinghy that might fit the bill?

I owned a Trinka 10 sailing dinghy some years back. It was a nice sailboat and rowed nice too, so it probably could be pushed efficiently with an electric motor. It was designed by Bruce Kirby (of Laser fame) so it has some real marine heritage behind it.

But that heritage doesn't come cheap, probably five times the cost of the WM dinghy, and will be a bit tippy getting in compared to the WM.

David

We need an inflatable dinghy due to space constraints- and an electric motor would be good too

I owned a Trinka 10 sailing dinghy some years back. It was a nice sailboat and rowed nice too, so it probably could be pushed efficiently with an electric motor. It was designed by Bruce Kirby (of Laser fame) so it has some real marine heritage behind it.

But that heritage doesn't come cheap, probably five times the cost of the WM dinghy, and will be a bit tippy getting in compared to the WM.

David

You are correct that they are expensive! I'd say more like 10 times the cost of that West Marine dinghy too!
Bruce

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom