View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 05:16 PM   #10
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
I think one thing that happens is you select marinas based on the size of your boat and your need. Therefore, one with a 32' boat may well not know the marinas that can handle 60'. I've never frequented a marina outside of South Florida that can't handle a 60' boat, simply because they couldn't have handled us. One other caveat. A lot of marinas have walls or long side tie docks for transients and can often handle much larger transient boats than they can seasonal or year round. If they have 200' of transient dockage, they can handle a 200' boat if it's the only one. So, one has to be careful whether going for a slip or transient dockage. It's a place you have to be careful on Active Captain as well. The area that says "Dockage" and then puts "Size Restrictions" has some marinas putting their transient limit and some putting their regular slip limit. So, we've docked at marinas on the loop that show restrictions below our size and I'm looking right now at a marina that says 100' but they don't have a slip over 50'.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote