Life: Quantity or Quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nomadwilly wrote:Fell into the engine compartment while under way and banged my hip really hard.*
******* Geez! That made my legs tingle just thinking about it.

Nomadwilly wrote:

*Fell into the engine compartment while under way and banged my hip really hard. Going to the Doctor today and to the store. Later.
I think I'm OK.

********* Eric,* Hope you are okay.* With the turning belts and spinning shaft,*good

*******************thing you*avoided contact with any moving parts.

****************** Take Care,** JohnP

Old Stone wrote:

Hey - Anyone want to join me and help strangle Don Moon as long as he keeps that avatar up? We just got back from a couple weeks in Fla, and it is snowing (very lightly) again, yet there is the Moon - sittin' in that chair !!! Grrrrr..................

I think he is the one with the correct answer !!!! Grrrrr..............

Moonster - Don't you dare change that avatar for a while, we neeeeeed to see it, you dog !!!!!!!!
Well, Old Stone, it's not all fun and games you know.* I'm still trying to find my remote.* Oh well,* it'll probably show up in island time.

Ouch Eric,
I hope all you got is a few bruises.

Thanks guys** ....very much. I got quite a number of bruises on my right arm, back and leg but my hip got the worst of it. Bone bruise they called it. I'm much better now. Guess I could have broken my hip so I'll take the bruises and try to smile. It was a big relief to realize I'd missed all the moving parts. That's the second time I've fallen through the salon hatches on Willy. Gotta stop that or you guys may be shy of flack.

Eric....waddayahthinkyadoin' having the engine floors up on the move forrevenssake...?

nomadwilly wrote:
Thanks guys** ....very much. I got quite a number of bruises on my right arm, back and leg but my hip got the worst of it. Bone bruise they called it. I'm much better now. Guess I could have broken my hip so I'll take the bruises and try to smile. It was a big relief to realize I'd missed all the moving parts. That's the second time I've fallen through the salon hatches on Willy. Gotta stop that or you guys may be shy of flack.
*How's that saying go about continuing to do the same thing, yet expecting different results??? Enough said. *
no.gif
biggrin.gif

Eric, glad to hear there doesn't appear to be permanent damage to your body.* I'm still nursing a twisted knee from last November.* So, how many else of us are nursing minor injuries?

Eric,* Bone bruises*are no fun, you have to keep weight off it for a while.

Once you are back in shape, I think you should rig some engine room cameras to your chartplotter. That way you can keep the hatch closed underway.

Take care* JohnP

Good Grief! Nearly the end of March, summers gone(over here anyway) been out on the boat once since the new year, now they want to put some stainless steel in my hip.Not happy, more boat time needed.

Titanium Andy - they use titanium for those joint replacements, so no corrosion, but also non-magnetic, in case you ever need an MRI. Still lights up the metal detector at the airport security though. Good luck with that.

I share your pain re not getting out, and the summer that wasn't being almost gone. I've only got out once since October, yet spent heaps. More parts going in even now. Hopefully up and running next week.

Get well soon, and get out there asap. Fortunately, Down-under we don't have to Winterize, and can sail all year round.

Two titanium hips joints here, and I can relate to the "stepping into the hold" thing. A year or so ago I accidentally slipped one leg into the fwd hatch where the genset lives (tied up, doing maintenance, not watching where I was going) ) and it's not fun at all doing the splits when your bones don't work that way anymore. Fortunately no joints busted, just sore as hell for a while.

Peter and all,

I was runn'in down the bay and started loosing rpm. Was running at higher rpm than normal. Threw open the hatch covers to attend to the problem. Seemed like fuel starvation. Switched tanks and the engine slowly came back. Ran OK on the way home. Going to throw open the hatches today and check for water. Also will replace filters ect. Spring re-fit has started.

Esh Eric!* I'm glad you are "ok"ish!!** OUCH!
no.gif

Andy everyone I know who has gotten new hips or knees says it has improved their quality of life dramatically.* I hope it is the same for you.*

Eric,

Glad to hear all is okay.... falling into hatches in not a good thing to do as we all know!

Titanium HA!, the way the boat bills are going I'll probably have to settle for Balsa Wood!

Carey wrote:
*How's that saying go about continuing to do the same thing, yet expecting different results??? Enough said. *
no.gif
biggrin.gif

*lol Carey, ouch, but lol. *
smile.gif

Eric,

REALLY glad you are ok. *You really ought to stop doing that "fall into the engine hatch" routine! *Glad to hear nothing is broken and you are ok.

Stop press. Good news - for me anyway. The parts, (oil coolers, heat exchanger and exhaust injection knuckle), are in and the boat is back up and running. Now I can regain my joi de vie re the theme of the thread again, which was quality of the boating life, was it not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom