Old 08-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #51
O C Diver
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainneil View Post
We've been told by Tow BoatUs even though we have unlimited gold towing that any tow that involves engine trouble, taking on water, grounding or fire will always be considered salvage and will not be paid for at all and will always result in a bill of many thousands of dollars. Can anyone tell me any situation that tow boat would pay for? When did this change? Fifteen years ago I had my 50' ketch towed w engines problems and it was totally paid for by towboat us. When did this change? Today I can see no circumstance that TowBoatUs towing would pay for anything.

From their website:

Paid Services Include:

Payment for towing Member's disabled boat from the point of breakdown at sea to port of choice; at sea battery jumpstarts; delivery of fuel, engine fluids and basic engine parts to avoid a tow, subject to availability; soft ungrounding assistance; towing the disabled boat immediately after breakdown from a restricted use dock to the Member's home dock or repair facility.

Seems pretty clear to me. A disabled boat in no danger of sinking seems to be covered.

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote