Blue Seas 3700

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Anyone familiar with these? Used Blue Seas Flybridge 3700 for Sale | Boats For Sale | Yachthub
The Blue Seas 36 was sold here in Aust, but I can`t find the later 3700 elsewhere, or trace it back to a builder. It looks like an IG36 updated, as does the Integrity 386, those IG moulds seem to have been "adopted" by several mfrs. Any clues about its origins, build quality, etc?

Bruce I looked over one at a Sanctuary Cove boat show some years ago. I was impressed. Not sure why there have not been more come in, but it looked the goods all right. Price wise sounds quite good also. Maybe the competition from the Clipper range made selling them a bit uphill..?

I can see a Blue Seas 3700 on Dolphin marina very soon and what a very nice boat it is :D

free-psychic-readings-online-psychic-readings-free-physic-reading-Bigstock.jpg

Last edited:
Not planning on becoming a fleet owner. One of the neighbours is and now sees it`s not a good idea to buy before you sell.

Not planning on becoming a fleet owner. One of the neighbours is and now sees it`s not a good idea to buy before you sell.

True in this market its the only thing holding me back:mad:
A broker friend has just had the worst 6 months ever and more boats on his books than ever

I'm not familiar with this brand but a close look at the images reveals a very close resemblance in many areas to my Mimosa 40 which was built in the very same Chinese factory as the Integrity range. The factory is in Shenzhen, China.

Same engine as mine too.

Rhino

True in this market its the only thing holding me back:mad:
A broker friend has just had the worst 6 months ever and more boats on his books than ever

I'm finding the same thing with RV's. Selling ours is about the last remaining obstacle before shifting to serious boat-shopping mode :eek:

Anyone familiar with these? Used Blue Seas Flybridge 3700 for Sale | Boats For Sale | Yachthub
The Blue Seas 36 was sold here in Aust, but I can`t find the later 3700 elsewhere, or trace it back to a builder. It looks like an IG36 updated, as does the Integrity 386, those IG moulds seem to have been "adopted" by several mfrs. Any clues about its origins, build quality, etc?

But Bruce .......... where is the exterior woodwork to varnish - how would you cope..........

Rhinoc, I recently saw a Mimosa advertised, are they still made, at least under that name:).
I suspect the yard which builds Integrity has/had access to IG36 moulds. You can see IG in Integrity hulls and Blue Seas, and maybe others, though the similarities gradually seem to become less with time and redesign.
Fairway used to be Qld. designed and built, but is now made in China.
I`m not sure the build quality of these boats matches Clipper, which look to be a step above.
My pet dislike in interior design is the main cabin being all galley one side and all seating/dinette the other. I don`t think this is cured by fully opening the cockpit bulkhead, putting seating out there, and adding screens for a degree of weather protection. There are many offenders.

But Bruce .......... where is the exterior woodwork to varnish - how would you cope..........
It`ll be tough, I`ll survive somehow;).

Rhinoc, I recently saw a Mimosa advertised, are they still made, at least under that name:).

Bruce, no. As far as I know, only two vessels were brought in from China in 2006/7 under the Mimosa Marine name. I have one of them and the other one is the one you recently saw for sale I believe. I don't know what happened but I would imagine the GFC may have something to do with it. Integrity boats seem to be still selling ok and they are very similar with some cosmetic changes and modernisations.

Here is a link to the You Tube clip of the vessel that was for sale from the broker - here

I was originally looking to get into a Clipper 40 but the right deal just didn't present. I saw the Mimosa whilst looking at a Clipper and initially dismissed it because I'd set myself on a Clipper but as I looked further into it, I found it ticked a lot of boxes for us. All the systems are very simple allowing me to be able to attend to most things alone. There was also wriggle room in the deal enabling me to upgrade the ageing electronics package. I was cautious of the quality issues arising out of some of the Chinese factories but a comprehensive survey and several experts were unable to fault the construction. In the end we were able to agree on an appropriate deal and the rest is history.

We've had the vessel for just over a year now and put about 400hrs on the engine in that time. So far, we are very happy. Ultimately we want to do a coastal trip north to the Whitsunday Island group etc. Still just building my confidence in the vessel and systems.

I found this 2007 review whilst googling - here

Rhino

Thanks Rhino, very informative and interesting to read about your boat, see the walk through video, and the review. Glad to hear you are enjoying ownership and extending your cruising horizons.
I see the Integrity similarities. And when I review the Blue Seas 3700 against the Integrity 350,(Used Integrity 350 for Sale | Boats For Sale | Yachthub) I see even more similarities in internal fitout, plus Island Gypsy hull features.
There were once about 30 brands of Australian made refrigerator(there are none now), but only one factory. It seems the Chinese factory may build to order for brand owners.

This is indeed interesting, Bruce. I just logged in at work, which is on Windows 10, and your last post above has an ad about Kyle Minogue at the bottom.

Logged in as me, ( I had not noticed my auto 'remember me' log-in must have passed its use-by date), and the ad is gone... :confused:

Now I see what you meant when you said...

"Though, the ads we see, sans adblocker (that`s one for Pilou) when logged in, are nothing to what you see not logged in. And many "guests" view TF."

On the 'Bad ad on TF?" thread.

Last edited:
An ad for Kylie Minogue? Lucky you, Peter. Not logged in I mostly saw ads for Mantus anchors, but maybe that was on CF.:)
I think there is a genuine ethical issue around ad blocking, if advertising revenue enables TF to operate. That said,I`m blocking ads for security, not because I resent seeing ads.

Last edited:
Well, that's the funny thing Bruce. I don't have an ad-blocker on either home or work computer, yet logged in as a member, no ads in the posts, but on the forum site as a guest, many posts had different ads in them.

Well, that's the funny thing Bruce. I don't have an ad-blocker on either home or work computer, yet logged in as a member, no ads in the posts, but on the forum site as a guest, many posts had different ads in them.

Logged in: no ads mixed between posts but ads(not excessive) displayed in various places various times, often while moving between threads. Plus, without adblocker, lots of sites showing in bottom left display as being opened, often accompanied by great delay and "hanging"/freezing.
With adblocker, almost no other sites opening, no "hanging" while waiting for those sites I had no wish to open. Making using TF a much better experience.

Not logged in: lots of ads mixed in between posts.Same as I get if I visit CF as a guest/non member.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom