Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think the stem has enough rake to it, but be cool if it was. Looks better without the FB in Army mode.

Attachments

• BC Venture.jpg
    BC Venture.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 87
Dave,
Interesting boat to be sure but not the 37CC. The 37 has a vertical stem.

The CC you posted is really fast and looks to be a WWII boat. I can't read any of the text.

Murray,
The Venture in post #32 looks like a dead ringer for our old TF guy slipperdude. From central Alaska. Seward or somewhere around there.

Otto Candies Offshore donated this mockup of one of their supply vessels
to the bayou Country Children's Museum in Thibodaux. Inside is a lot of the instrumentation as used on a vessel. The large screen runs a video taken from a boat going down Bayou Lafourche at the same time the depth finder radar and other readouts are synced to the scenery. Kids can go in and "drive" the boat. Very nice job and donation, thanks to the Candies.

Attachments

• Childrens museum Agnes Candies.jpg
    Childrens museum Agnes Candies.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 59
  • Childrens museum 2.jpg
    Childrens museum 2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Childrens museum 1.jpg
    Childrens museum 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 69
Price is $19950. now.

Powered by two Yanmars.
Chris Craft built in 1937.
I think she has round chine fwd and hard aft.
Lying LaConner Washington.
Know how folks like to say, " the pix don't do it justice"? In this case having seen it up close, the pix are more than fair.:rolleyes:

78' Of course my pics are fair )$^(&$#!#^**^%#@

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1470871980.367999.jpg

Sorry for the grainy image as it's an iPhone enlargement. Not bad considering I shot it with my phone at 25 mph on my weekend trip to Port Townsend.

I couldn't PM the picture to Klee Wyck as the forum does not support that capability so posted it here for him to find. He told me he has no sailboat but found it ironic such a unique name to be duplicated.

Thanks Craig, I was quite curious to get a look at her. I will have to try to do some research which may include a run to Port Townsend. We purchased our Klee Wyck with the name already on her but quite surprised to hear of another.
Pretty cool and would love to hear the story of this sailing vessel.

The farther he puts the rudder, the more leverage it has on the boat...

The more "More Leverage" is primarily placed on the arm holding the rudder back and away - from transom.

For inboard direct drive boats the prop wash directed in an angle via the rudder being turned close to the prop is a real motivator (water jet stream) for turning the boat. That's why the rudder looses much of its steering capability when boat is in reverse or even at low idle when in forward; i.e. when prop wash is increased rudder works best.

Having rudder way back away from transom (in other words, nearly completely away from prop wash) limits the rudder's steering capabilities.

Love that little boat. Is it priced a bit high for most wanting that size boat maybe?

Greetings,
Mr. L. "Not much range, I'm thinkin'." It's got sails. The wind is free...blah, blah, blah... I tend to agree with the range assessment.

16gal tank? Not much range, I'm thinkin'.

:flowers:Depends on what one thinks 'Range' of the available fuel and fuel burn. Assume .5 gallon per hour and reserve of a gallon , then 15 gallons equates to 150 miles. Pretty much sure that fuel availability within a 150 mile radius of this crafts operating area exist.

We have a single cyl. 6 hp. Yanmar in our 18 foot Poulsbo Skiff with a 7 gallon fuel tank. We burn a quart an hour at 5.5 knot average running at 900 RPM.
That gives us a 20 mile radius per gallon, or 120 mile radius with a gallon reserve. One day, I would like to venture into such a venture!:blush:

Al-Ketchikan 27' Marben Pocket CRUISER

16gal tank? Not much range, I'm thinkin'.

At 5 knots I'm guessing over 20MPG (.25 GPH). Didn't see a draft listed. On the trailer it looks to be less than 30". I hear the skinny water calling.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom