Any Regrets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I first replied to this thread nearly two years ago with 9,000 miles in my wake and 18 months on board.
Now, with over 16,000 miles and over three years I still have no regrets.

I now spend my winters in the Bahamas and Summer's somewhere north. Still having fun.
Arch

My only regrets are ever living in a house, neighborhood, city.

Another year. 19 years we been a live a board with no regrets except we are another year older. Few more wrinkles, grey hair and not as spry and strong. We both retired and since we are a live aboard, we bought a motor home, and vacationing away from the boat and not leaving the dock much.

Being my wife is partially disabled and each year a little more, we have discussed about being able to live on the boat. We decided to live on the boat during the warm summer months and be winter Texans during the colder rainy months. However in time we will have to make some modification to the boat and a easier boarding slip. The modification would be 2 side stern gates, we have one center swim deck gate. Also we need to find a retired couple in the area to help crew the boat as its getting to big for the two of us.

People say we don't show our age and have a easy freindly view of live, which we attribute to being a live aboard as it requires a active lifestyle. :flowers:

We are now nearing the end of our 1st Inside Passage trip and 2 1/2 years as a live a board and the wife and I are loving it.

When my wife passed I took a long hard look at what I planned to do from then on. Six months later I quit my job, sold my house and everything in it, my 3 motorcycles, and my two cars, and bought a 34' sailboat (Read my blog httThe Roaming Nomad)
This month I sold my sailboat and bought a trawler, the beauty seen at left. I will never buy a house... I will co-habitate with someone else for a while.

You know what they say: "Always be yourself, unless you can be a Pirate, then always be a Pirate."

You know what they say: "Always be yourself, unless you can be a Pirate, then always be a Pirate."

Actually, that was Batman. Always, always be Batman

i20os.jpg

Reading this thread made me think about one regret... I regret not to be RETIRED yet to be able to spend more time aboard!
Than looking through the window I thought about another regret... I regret to have to winterize my boat instead of being able to use it all year round.

When we got our first boat early this year, my wife and I did not know what to expect. We wanted to get a first experience of living aboard to see if we may like it enough to do the jump to a permanent live aboard. Obviously we spent 1 week and all weekend aboard, cruising or at the anchor, and what looked obvious to us is that we just love it and now that the season up here is over we cannot wait to get back on cruise next year.

But most of all I think I do not have enough experience to regret anything.
For now no bad luck, not drama so everything looks good to us, maybe one day things will make the answer different but just we are just hoping that everything will stay as it is now as it is delightful for us.

Side note: Autumn Dream, you boat is very nice ;)

Back
Top Bottom