Trawler on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
34' CHB
Was watching an old Magnum PI epi the other night and they were using this trawler in it. Appears to be a 40 something footer, and the interior shots were very much CHB style, if indeed the exterior and interior were of the same boat but I think they were. Teak decks all teak interior, big bunk in aft cabin etc. Took this shot off the frozen screen, (DVD), so its a little weird looking. Thought some might get a kick out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_3115.jpg
    IMG_3115.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 122
Cool. A few years ago there was a GB42 for sale that starred in "Blood Work" with Clint Eastwood as a liveaboard (I think). If I can´t copy and paste the url here just google Grand Banks Clint Eastwood.

Now that I think about it, I believe they had John Wayne living on a CHB trawler in the movie, McQ, which was filmed in Seattle at my uncles marina, Fremont Boat. Have to go drag out the movie or google it to be sure. It may have been a GB, I cant remember for sure.

Now that I think about it, I believe they had John Wayne living on a CHB trawler in the movie, McQ, which was filmed in Seattle at my uncles marina, Fremont Boat. Have to go drag out the movie or google it to be sure. It may have been a GB, I cant remember for sure.

I don't recall the movie, but I believe that John Wayne was one of few hollywood types that enjoyed boating in the Salish Sea.

I don't recall the movie, but I believe that John Wayne was one of few hollywood types that enjoyed boating in the Salish Sea.

That's prime trawler territory!! Guess most other Hollywood types preferred hot, sandy beaches.

I know the person that bought Following Sea, the GB42 that was featured in Bloodwork. He actually met Eastwood when he closed on the boat.

John Wayne owned a converted minesweeper.

After discussing helo flying with Mr. Eastwood.....right after golf...both of which seemed pretty important to him. He never mentioned boats in a very nice 1/2 hr discusdion I had one evening with him.

JW owned a number of boats. One is here in LaConner right now on display. The minesweeper was the Wild Goose. My uncle and my brother were coming thru the locks one day on a tug when she came in with them. Duke stepped out of the wheelhouse, looked down at them as they of course were looking up, and Duke nodded and said, "gentlemen". They will always remember that. It was later that they filmed McQ in Seattle and ended up using that same uncles marina to film Dukes liveaboard. In fact my uncle and his then wife had a bit part in the movie. When I say bit part I mean a very small bit. As Duke is walking into the restroom in the little joint downtown to work over the bad guy, the camera pans by my uncle and the ex. Pretty cool.

I was watching an old (they all are) Columbo episode and recognized my yacht club in it. I don't think any of the boats from that era are still at the club, however.

Cool. A few years ago there was a GB42 for sale that starred in "Blood Work" with Clint Eastwood as a liveaboard (I think). If I can´t copy and paste the url here just google Grand Banks Clint Eastwood.

Here is a link to my Dropbox cloud of a short view (the end).

Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

Sorry about that :

1- Poor quality of the video which I took on my tv at home from my iPhone when this film goes on the French tv some months ago.

2- Dialogue is in French. Ask Peter B to translate:)

P.

Toured the Wild Goose when it was docked in San Pedro some years ago. It was not a "yachty" boat and still reflected it's military bearing. The state rooms had a coaming you had to step over for ingress and egress. Yeah, I tripped over one of them and gave the Sicilian a good laugh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom