Work in progress. 65' lugger reworked after a fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is such a cool boat. I have no idea WTH I'd do with it. But, it's cool just the same!

Catching up.Great work on the ole lugger.She's looking fine,mighty fine.

Do you have a link to your project?

Hi Ben "A Bad Monkey Tail" In general discussions. I am going to move it over here probably next week. I will be reading yours soon! Bit busy here for the next week.
Stan

This is such a cool boat. I have no idea WTH I'd do with it. But, it's cool just the same!

Ha, that's funny! I don't really know what I'll do with it either. I hope to do some fishing, but I only have one son and a wife. The boat is pretty big for 3 of us. I know I'll have plenty of people riding the first few times but later on, I hope I can handle it.

Ha, that's funny! I don't really know what I'll do with it either. I hope to do some fishing, but I only have one son and a wife. The boat is pretty big for 3 of us. I know I'll have plenty of people riding the first few times but later on, I hope I can handle it.

You've got lots of (imaginary) friends here on TF! I'm sure some would love to volunteer to crew with you on a river fishing trip.

Have you got a riverboat whistle?

I found these on tht, they will work for now. Maybe upgrade in a few years. $500 for all
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1469546424.979351.jpg

Been working inside the last couple of days. Built a floor over the engines, wrapped the exhaust with some fiberglass blanket and tape. Hope to finish the floor this weekend.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1469913435.753163.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1469913455.710067.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1469913475.470111.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1469913489.844061.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1469913505.869896.jpg

Totally digging your rebuild, would love to see it in person! I will bring the beer!

Man I love beers. Anytime your in Biloxi come on by.
Got the helm wired up, alarms tomorrow. Put the mastic on the wrap. Monday I'm going to put a day in on it and hopefully get some deck holes cut for lights and fuel fills. Might even pop the top on the fresh water tank and see what's up
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1470419882.379408.jpg

Working on the inside. Been running wire, plumbing, insulation and nailing on ceiling. Got a new water pump for the genset and got all the electronics hooked up. Lots happening, thank you tropical rain.....oh yea, I made some duct to run air to the rooms
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1470965897.549241.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1470965912.704711.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1470965927.764267.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1470965991.781536.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1470966005.251296.jpg

Reactions: GT6
Really gettinv some work done and moving right along. I bet that rain has been fun looks likenyou got hammerd yesterday.

Working on the inside. Been running wire, plumbing, insulation and nailing on ceiling. Got a new water pump for the genset and got all the electronics hooked up. Lots happening, thank you tropical rain.....oh yea, I made some duct to run air to the rooms

Toilets?

I've scrolled past this thread a hundred times or so without looking. I thought it was about rebuilding a Lugger diesel engine... What a pleasant surprise! The rose is looking good, sir. I really dig the sound of those Jimmies!

I did, I have an RV toilet in my rv. It has a great design but I think having the the macerator pump at the toilet and a macerator pump at the exit of the holding tank will help eliminate clogs, added to the fact that below the head is my gear, I would hate to build a tank directly over my gear and fill it full of poo.

Here are a few pictures of the ceiling finally going in.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1471092611.200862.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1471092621.659343.jpg
I'm using 1x6 pine t&g that was reclaimed "free" from a barn. Unfortunately I ran out so I am going buy the rest, I hope it matches. I've got lights that operate by flipping a switch. Major step in the right direction

Every addition you complete is great! You're amazing and so is your BIG - Boat!!

Keep on keepen on!

Well after 9 years the spotlight still works. Ran a pigtail to it and she fired right up
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1471306174.225924.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1471306184.794369.jpg

I know I'm stuck on the lights, something about lights give me a woodie!
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1471398138.141507.jpg

Every addition you complete is great! You're amazing and so is your BIG - Boat!!

Keep on keepen on!

Thanks, been working on wires and loving it!

I'll admit; I didn't get it at first. This is an amazing project, by an undoubtedly amazing guy! Absolutely love it...

Paul, Real progress here. You've already put in the ceiling. Have you thought about protective metal plates over the places you drilled for wires. It may save putting a screw through a wire. Just checking.

Ok, guys and gals. I am back in action. Maybe this go around will get her going this summer. Plan this time is to grind the roof and check for rot and holes. Paint the house and fiberglass/fair and paint the outside of the hand rails and.................finish the inside! hahaha, maybe

Back
Top Bottom