dhays
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Anchoring long term PNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka_sea_ta View Post
It's a municipality thing, In Gig Harbor half the Bay is under city governance no long term anchoring... The other side of the bay is county they don't give a crap how long you're there.... look at Eagle harbor on Bainbridge Island last time I was there there appeared to be some long term anchored boats there.
I was in Eagle Harbor a bit over a week ago. The City has completely cleaned up the harbor. Now there are city owned mooring balls that they rent out. No anchoring within the mooring field that takes up most of the harbor. Gone are the derelicts and questionable liveaboards that used to fill up the place. The derelicts were removed and most of the liveaboards eventually moved their floating shacks. There were a few holdouts, and those were eventually evicted by armed city police, DNR agents, and state police according to the manager at Harbor Marina.

The city does have a linear moorage off the city park and there is a dinghy dock at the park. The linear moorage can be used for free but I am not sure for how long nor of the level of enforcement.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote