Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
I agree w drb1025,
Bremerton and the ferry commute.
Find moorage on a float or anchor out.
The inlet behind Bremerton (Dyes Inlet) I'm quite sure offers anchorage or even mooring balls. Not that I know for sure but I'm sure of extremly high probabilities. The likelihood of Bremerton being best probably depends mostly on where your job is located .. how accessible the ferry terminal is. But if you were right downtown or close I'd look at Bremerton.

And if your job was at the north end of Seattle you could look in the Kingston area. Or if way south Vashon Is may be a possibility.

If you're looking for Seattle moorage the ship canal east of the locks has some inexpensive (relatively) moorage .. near Ewing st off Nickerson st. Also a bit further west near the Salmon Bay Cafe on the north side of the canal.

And finally if your job is further north look in the Everett area. There is no moorage in Marysville that I know of. In the Sloughs between Marysville and Everett look at Seacrest Boat moorage at hwy 99 and Union Slough. At the train bridge on Steamboat Slough there are some old boats on floats and may be cheap moorage. These two are very close together.

During the rush hour moving around in Seattle is very slow so your job location is probably very relavant to where you work in Seattle. One may be able to drive to Canada from the North Seattle city as fast as going to the south of Seattle. That may be a bit of an exageration .. but not much.

Oh I forgot to mention that there is moorage in the Duwamish River in the industrial area of So Seattle near Spokane st. I'd exhaust all moorage possibilities before considering anchoring. Anchoring is free yes but There is more to it.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote