TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Folks, Ted (OCDiver) has inquired if there would be another gathering this winter in Ft. Pierce. Is there any interest out there?

Are you going to fill the cooler back up with beer? :rolleyes:

I'd come just to see if the enigma shows up this year.

Ted

plans are Ft Pierce last week of Jan- first 3 of Feb....then back through mid March for a couple days.

Subscribing!! Thanks for the heads up Ted!!!

Are you going to fill the cooler back up with beer? :rolleyes:

I'd come just to see if the enigma shows up this year.

Ted

The answer is a definite maybe. I suppose you will want me to rig it so that you win the grand prize again.

Planning before or after the Miami Boat show has not worked out so well. We want Parks there with a truck full of door prizes from Hopkins Carter. Also, Larry with his never finished project, Bucky. Maybe he will bring the FL West Coast Chapter with him. We'll have to check with David (DWHatty) to see if he will be down from Maine. We want the Jacksonville Chapter to make it down. We will try to coordinate it with Capt Jack's (Sailor of Fortune) schedule. Maybe John will be able to make it all the way down from Merritt Island.

The answer is a definite maybe. I suppose you will want me to rig it so that you win the grand prize again.

No that's not necessary, I'll settle for beer or bring my own. I'm not tough to please. :flowers:

Ted

Don, you need to do a better job reserving one floating dock for all of us this time. Not getting shoe horned back in the corner again. Too long a walk to your beer cooler.

Ted

I would like to come drink some beer and check out the boats, but I will have to fly over. Too long of a trip for me....unless I cruise up to Galveston, then cut straight across to Key West. Let's see, that's 750nm, at 6.5knots. A little less than 5 days! What could possibly go wrong!

Yeah, I'll fly over.
?

How far of a drive is that, Dude?

I'd consider coming in for a couple nights. Will there be a group rate at the local house of ill repute...or even a local hotel?

I'll be offering complimentary fridge inspections immediately upon arrival. The winner gets a HUGE prize from HopCar! Bribes will be accepted discretely and gratefully. All profits and proceeds will be donated to the FlyWright Foundation for Hops Education (FFHE). The popular Beer Tasting 101 course will be offered for all newbies and female crew members on Friday at 1700. The rest of you guys can show up at 1800. Winners will be announced as the spirit moves me.

I'll need to borrow someone's cooler or fridge for all my IPA. There's extra credit available for this kindness.

Don, you don't mind if we hold it on Moonstruck, do you? I hear you've got a nice head...at least I think that's what they were talking about...

:rolleyes: :eek: :facepalm:

A definite maybe from me. And my Admiral this year as well. But dependent upon finding lodging relatively nearby that will allow our Lab "Bos'n" to stay with us. Anyone know of a dog friendly motel in the area? Alternatively, I suppose we could put him in a kennel, a/k/a the "slammer", for a couple of days.

We are coming over from SWF sometime in December to cruise up to Jax

Too long a walk to your beer cooler.

Ted

That was the plan, Ted.

The real problem is they won't hold slips without confirmed reservations. This is the high season for marina occupancy. So, they will probably not have a group of open slips. Besides, when I talk with the dockmaster one morning the next morning it's a whole new world to him. I'll do what I can.

Can we come if we haven't purchased our boat yet? :)

Jim & Laurie
Dunedin, Fl.

Can we come if we haven't purchased our boat yet? :)

Jim & Laurie
Dunedin, Fl.

Yes, bring beer. :flowers: It's about meeting people and having a good time.

Ted

If my Admiral is not in Germany, or even if she is there and I can manage to euthanize the cats, I'll be there to drink as much of Don's beer as I can.

Lena and I should be there but that depends on getting a new crew member, rebuilding the engine/transmission and replacing the fuel tanks. No problem! We wouldn't miss it and this year we will forget the camera.

Was not able to attend last year. This year is wide open. Will bring beer to supplement Dons' cooler.

John

Lena and I should be there but that depends on getting a new crew member, rebuilding the engine/transmission and replacing the fuel tanks. No problem! We wouldn't miss it and this year we will forget the camera.

Any idea when and/or where you might need crew? I'd be delighted to take the graveyard shift off your hands! It would be an honor to serve aboard the vaunted, no legendary Hobo. (unless you're talking about getting a new pet... in which case, I'm not quite as qualified.)

Any idea when and/or where you might need crew? I'd be delighted to take the graveyard shift off your hands! It would be an honor to serve aboard the vaunted, no legendary Hobo. (unless you're talking about getting a new pet... in which case, I'm not quite as qualified.)

I thought he was talking about a new girlfriend! In that case, you're probably also not as qualified!

Believe he was referring to Captain Morgan (faithful, 4 legged crew), RIP.

Ted

Dave: Thanks for the offer, but we should be training the new mutt by then - although we may need some help showing the new guy about proper head usage.:lol:

Here's the link from the inaugural TF Southeast Florida Meet and Greet. I thought the censors had edited everything after posts 220? :eek:

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s27/tf-southeast-florida-gathering-21484.html

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as you have dates please let us know . I have no problems making reservations if I can attend.

Thanks for your efforts, it's a thankless job.

Woohoooooo!!!!! Keep us posted!!!!

I would be up for that. Expect to have Scot Free around the Keys by then.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

I would be very interested in putting a face with the names that I have read about forever year, depending on the dates and my schedule. Ft. Pierce is fairly close to me: if the weather us bad it's two days in the ditch and one day if it is nice.

Thanks.

We will be looking forward to hearing the planned dates for this gathering. We are planning one of our "cruises to wherever" for Jan. so we could easily plan a destination.

Ding Dong! You've asked for it, and here it is. The proposed dates for the TF SE Florida Gathering are as follows:

Fort Pierce City Marina

Thurs. Feb 2, 2017 plan to arrive
Sun. Feb 5, 2017 departure

If we can get a firm list, we will try to get everyone in close proximity. That is except for Ted whose boat looks so dam good we hide him in a back corner.

Between those times our entertainment committee will be thinking up things to keep you entertained and informed. I haven't heard anything from Oliver lately, but if he's around keep an eye on your shoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom