Remote monitoring of Boat systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ka_sea_ta

Guru
I've tried to research this without much success. I would like to be able to remotely monitor the water level in the bilge, ac,dc voltage level, shore power disconnect. and intrusion... There are several systems that do this but all have been subscription based. We have WIFI at the marina so I would assume I could find an WIFI based system... Am I just not looking for the right thing any help would be appreicted... Thanks

Well...

I am happy to report that with a year now using the Lowes Iris alarm system on my boat I could not be happier.

It monitors

Bilge water in 2 places
Smoke and CO
Shore Power
Inverter power
Battery voltage
Intrusion
Temperature

I also have another alarm system that I really like made by Sensaphone. It has a bit better capabilitys in some areas but is a more expensive system.

There are several online type
My boat status
Siren marine
Just type in "remote yacht monitoring"

Well...

I am happy to report that with a year now using the Lowes Iris alarm system on my boat I could not be happier.

It monitors

Bilge water in 2 places
Smoke and CO
Shore Power
Inverter power
Battery voltage
Intrusion
Temperature

I also have another alarm system that I really like made by Sensaphone. It has a bit better capabilitys in some areas but is a more expensive system.

Kevin, This looks promising where did you find the modules for monitoring the AC / DC voltage? Thanks

If you take on the project of building a Maretron monitoring system, remote alarms essentially come for free. A system can be as simple or as complex as you want, but the results are excellent monitoring of systems at anchor, at dock, and underway, with all sorts of alarming. And of those alarms can send an email. So I get an email if my dock power drops out for more than 3 minutes. That's enough of a delay to avoid nuisance alarms if someone just flips the wrong breaker and turns it right back on again, but ensures that I know if there is a longer outage. I also know if my bilge pump cycles, high water alarm, inside temp drops, DC out of range, etc etc. I probably have a dozen or more. All you need is an Internet connection. No subscription. They also have an SMS texting device, but that requires a SIM card and monthly service. I figure I'll just use the SIM card I already have

I have a Fortress alarm in the house and it does have available wireless smoke, water sensor (float type), gas leak detector which alarms on LPG, natural, and CO. Also has switched outlets for lights, etc.
It does not require monitoring and sends customizable alerts via text. It does have a camera if you have wifi available.
It also sends text alert if AC power is interrupted.
What other items should be monitored?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom