Aussie Census (Off Topic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Did you submit yours online before the Census website went down?
After 12 failed tries, including 3x:
"Forbidden- You don`t have permission to access/on this server"(despite being required to use it).I gave up.
Next day I called the "request a paper form" line. Disconnected. Called the general inquiry line, it took my call (instead of the usual "We`re busy" and hanging up). Using the automated system got my request "registered". Will it arrive? Hope so.

Must be the same subcontractor who created healthcare.gov on this side of the pond.

Did you submit yours online before the Census website went down?
After 12 failed tries, including 3x:
"Forbidden- You don`t have permission to access/on this server"(despite being required to use it).I gave up.
Next day I called the "request a paper form" line. Disconnected. Called the general inquiry line, it took my call (instead of the usual "We`re busy" and hanging up). Using the automated system got my request "registered". Will it arrive? Hope so.

Too bad the census people didn't sub it out to Amazon.

Ted

The Census people deny getting hacked, claiming it was a "denial of service" attack which caused the close down. I think they got hacked, I`m hearing a denial of service attack can be cover for a hack. Census information already lodged could have been at risk.

Me I am old fashioned, got a form from the marina office, filled it in and handed it back.Easy peasy.
Anyone who didn't know that website was going to crash just wasn't thinking straight, this from the man giving us a second rate National Broadband system.

Today I heard IBM were running the site. It`s now back up, but like Tidahapah, I`ll wait for the paper form, overseas interests rumored to have attacked could go again anytime.

Lucky they didn't try to get us to vote online.

I just knew it would crash. It absolutely had to, with everyone being told to log on in such a compressed time frame. So, even tho the idiots never publicised the fact you could, we went on and completed ours a couple of days early and it worked fine then.

Youwouldathunk they would have thought to get folk to spread their attempts, as it is hardly graven anywhere on a tablet of stone that all census details have to be on the one night - not even a whole day - they wanted it all on the one night. At least they can be completed now after the magic night until the end of the month I understand, but many will have been so pee'd off at the time wasted they will have decided not to bother, just to hack the authorities off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom