Benford Fantail 38 resurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FF - throwing the switch on any newly installed system the first time is damned near orgasmic :)

Ted - We intend to be very slow and explore all those beautiful small towns as we go. Hope/think (no firm plans) we'll heading up the Wicomico late September or early October to visit friends who live on the river.

Ted - We intend to be very slow and explore all those beautiful small towns as we go. Hope/think (no firm plans) we'll heading up the Wicomico late September or early October to visit friends who live on the river.

The Wicomico on the Western shore that goes to Salisbury or The Little Wicomico on the Eastern shore at Smith Point (MD & VA line)? I'll be heading South in October. Hope to see your boat before I go; really like it's lines!

Ted

The Wicomico on the Western shore that goes to Salisbury or The Little Wicomico on the Eastern shore at Smith Point (MD & VA line)? I'll be heading South in October. Hope to see your boat before I go; really like it's lines!

Ted

The Western shore. We have friends that live on the river. Unfortunately they are from the dark side, they run the Alberg 37 Owners Association.

Great job boatpoker . I love everything about DIRT FREE !

We were supposed to cast off this morning but Sharon cracked a tooth. The dentist (awesome guy) came in early just to take care of her. She is in a little discomfort right now and the weather forecast for Lake Ontario for tomorrow looks a little snotty so Wednesday morning we're outahere :)

In the meantime my manual winch on boom worked out even better than I had a right to hope for and the dinghy is now up on the trunk ready to cross the lake at the crack of dawn Wednesday.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 88
:thumb:

Looking good! Hope the weather holds for Wednesday.

Ted

Big fan of both the boat and quality of workmanship :thumb: :thumb:

Say...did you paint your teak...if so...what kind of paint did you use?

Hope your wife isn't in too much pain!

We did paint the wood with 2 part primer and Interlux brightsides. It seems to last longer than varnish. I have searched for 2 years (no luck) to find a "rubber" cap rail as I'd love to be rid of all the wood.

Ahhh, thanks for that.

Casting about for alternatives while I "tease" off the previous owners ancient, neglected Cetol.

You going up to Buffalo and into the Erie Canal there?

Greetings,
Mr. JF. "You going up to Buffalo and into the Erie Canal there?" I don't want to put words into Mr. BP's mouth but I would think from Port Credit it would be shorter and easier to run to Oswego, NY and take the Oswego Canal to the Erie.

RT: it's not always about shorter and easier.

BP: great travels so far. Came out at Trenton late last week and just spent a few days in Prince Edward County. Now trying to decide whether to go up the Rideau or across to Oswego and up the Erie. I have to make a plan. Had originally thought Ottawa/Montreal but it's a bit far from home in London. Maybe we'll cross paths yet! Thanks again for the letter. Worked like a charm.

Jeff: Oswego to Tonawanda with a side trip to Watkins Glen to watch my brother race, then hit a few wineries in the Finger Lakes would be my choice.

The Journey has begun. Just landed in Wilson NY after a quiet, smooth as silk crossing of Lake Ontario. Next stop is probably, maybe, could be, we'll see (no schedule) Rochester.

Subscribed! Have fun! Post pics!

Wallace, I'll be following along. Your trip is similar to mine in that it's a validation of all the systems modifications and upgrades you've made over the years to reach this point. Kudos on a great boat and a beautiful, practical, efficient and effective result.

Welcome to New York! I hope you guys have a great trip. I'll keep a weather eye on the wall at Sylvan Beach if I'm still around.

I will be following your adventures with great interest Wallace. The admiral and I are planning the same trip starting this time next year. All the best.

Now in Rochester at RYC after a mild ride from Wilson.
If weather looks good we'll go on to Oswego tomorrow.

Don't know why but I have never felt that the trip has really started til' I'm through the first lock at Oswego.

Sure hope to get a look at Dirt Free someday. Keep in touch whenever you can and stay safe in your journey.

Landed in Oswego and immediately got the bikes down for a run to the liquor store.
1.75L of rum for $15.00. That would cost me $65.00 in Toronto.

Whoo Hoooo gotta love the land of the free.

Pulling into Oswego at a stately 7knots. an approximately 40' sport fisher dragging a 4' wake overtook within 20'. He knocked the hell out of us. Watched him pull into the marina where we will fuel up tomorrow. I'll try and get a photo of him.

Back
Top Bottom